Monday, June 21, 2004

the 24th week

I miss the Jeep.
Monday. Mom and I ran some errands, and then I picked up Pat D. and we went to 1/2 Price Books and Target, then played Battlefield Vietnam back at the house. We ate at China Garden and then went over to the Williams', and then we went to Salvation Army where Pat D. got a CD player and I got a book entitled Our God is Awesome, all about God's characteristics and attributes. We hung out at my house for a while, and then I took Lee home and Chris, Pat D. and I snagged a free TV off the street in the Spice Racks. We put the "FREE" sign on the Jeep and drove around town, people kept pointing and laughing. I took Dewenter home, and Chris & I went back to my place and finally got the TV working. We watched Lethal Weapon III and went to bed. Chris got scared sleeping downstairs alone, so he crawled upstairs and found my stuffed alligator head and put it next to me. I woke up at his movements and nearly pooped myself.

Tuesday. Jeff came by this evening to play some pool. Small Group fell through so he left. Bryon came over. He ended up stealing that street sign he wanted last week, I told him I didn't think that was a very good idea. Chris and I spent the night at Pat D.'s place watching movies. Oh, and I got my report card in the mail:

2-D Art: 97%
C.P. Geometry: 80%
U.S./World Studies: 87%
Chemistry: 91% (and I got a 100% on the exam, ruining the curve for everyone else)
Accounting I - 89% (by the grace of God)
C.P. English III - 90%

Wednesday. I had a carrot for breakfast and Pat D. thought that was hilarious. I took Chris home and had an egg, chicken, and toast for dinner. Will I be skinny by the time school starts up again? I hope so! I worked 3-7:00 and had fish and rice for supper. I visited Chris after work, and then back home I hammered out tomorrow's run-down for U-Turn. Pat D. told me any girl at church would go on a date with me, but I'm pretty sure he just wants me to ask someone out so that I'll be rejected. He'd think that's funny.

Thursday. I had pancakes for breakfast and had senior pics taken at Easterling Studios. It was rainy and stormy all day, I felt pretty down. Chris and Pat d. went to Northmont, Lee was working, and Corey is out-of-town. Thus U-Turn fell through, and so I spent the evening hanging out with Ashlie and Ams. 

Friday. I took Ams and Ash to Ashlie's place to babysit. Lee and I went to 1/2 Price Books and Borders. I got Dallas Willard's The Spirit of the Disciplines. Lee had a coupon to get a free chicken sandwich at Chic-Fil-A so we went by there, too. We also went to Kroger and then picked up Ams. She bought a purse and an Evanescence CD at K-Mart. Chris got mad at me about something, I swear he has male P.M.S. There was a party at Pat D.'s tonight, they made a point not to invite me: "Band people only." But they invited Ashlie, and she didn't want to go. Ams, Mom, Dad and I went down to Kentucky. We're staying at Grandma & Grandpa's just east of Lexington. I spent the ride reading essays on Quiet Times & Prayer. I adore summer, I really do. I crawled into Grandma's den and spent some time in prayer. Ams joined me and we talked about God, holy angels & demons. 

Saturday. Grandpa has a new job: he works at a Marriot Hotel fixing water heaters, or something like that. I had two weird dreams last night: in one, I was living-out my zombie short story 12 Hours, and I was attacked in the darkness and bitten. But I escaped north and somehow ended up not turning into a zombie. In the other dream, Kristen was kidnapped and taken to a whore-house, and I fought off a bunch of bad men to free her. Lunch was at Golden Corral with Jesse & Jared, and supper was at Trump's Grill (rib-eye steak with mushrooms). We celebrated Jared's birthday at Grandma's, and we rounded out the night watched Reno 911 and The Chapelle Show.

Father's Day. Ams & I spent the night at Jesse & Jared's house in Richmond. We spent the afternoon hanging out with them, watching movies and stuff, and we went to Ramsey's diner for dinner. We returned home around 7:00, and I went over to Chris & Lee's. Pat D. joined us, and we watched Lethal Weapon IV and Dewenter streaked down the street and peed on cars.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...