Monday, June 14, 2004

on the lightning

Tonight I saw the most wonderful and beautiful thing my eyes have ever seen. The power. The majesty. The sheer radiance. Lightning jumping between clouds, in long, burning-hot, blood-red arcs. A lattice of roses over a purple sky. All around us, swarming. Everywhere I looked were bright flashes of intense light, bursting through low clouds and sweeping over the van. The night turned to day, and the shadows melted under the curse of the lightning. Then the rain fell, so powerful, I could barely see. My entire body went tense; the windshield wipers at full-blast couldn't keep up. The wind blew the van over the line many times, but I kept thinking, "Wow. Wow. Wow." It is so hard to describe. So wonderful. So beautiful.

Storms. You either love them, hate them, don't care about them, or are scared of them.

Strangely, much like God. We either love him, hate him, don't care about him, or are scared of him.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...