Monday, September 27, 2004

hmmm...

If you've been reading the blog, you know that over the last couple of weeks I've been going through a spiritual battle. I have felt the forces of Good and Evil all around me as a pursue with vigor the deep, intimate communion I so thirst for. David Crowder said, "Sometimes [God], you're further than the moon; sometimes you're closer than my skin." Lately he has been the former. I just want that one-on-one Lover and Beloved relationship. I have been fighting hard to get it, but it seems I am making no headwind. The more passionate my desire, the further God seems. I take this as a good sign - Satan is scared. Today has been a trying day in this aspect; I have been hungering for God, and I believe Satan has thrown an odd sort of depression, sullenness, sorrow on me. Hopelessness. God spoke to me today when Mom, Ams and I went to China Village. Ironically, he spoke through the infamous Chinese fortune cookie; He is close; keep the passion alive; keep the battle raging:

The one you love is closer than you think.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I know where you are Anthony It's hard when God is silent or is saying "wait" I have "comfort verses" during those dark times "because God has said, Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you" Keep talking to him he answers even in fortune cookies :)
I also know from experience that my spiritual friends are a big help during these times Don't be afraid to confide in them

Anonymous said...

I'm a Mormon, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I would recommend you looking a little into my church because you have such a strong desire to become closer to the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Anth,

Keep in the Word and you will feel God's presence. In the beatitudes He tells us that as we hunger for thirst and righteousness, we will be filled!

dad

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...