Yesterday was a trying day. Nothing went right. I was depressed, bitter, closed-off. I felt so lonely without hope and so desperate without vision (yeah, David Crowder fans). Everyone was making me mad and I knew I wouldn't be able to keep being loving - ah, love, an action, not a feeling! - and I just said, "God, I can't do any of this anymore. I'm exhausted. I'm worn out. Please, just touch me, just whisper..." Then, in a "still, small voice" whispered into my ears:
"I love you."
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Children's Westminster Catechism: Question 4
Question: How can you glorify God? Answer: By loving him and doing what he commands. We saw in Question 3 of the Children's Catechism th...
-
Over the last couple of days, I've been listening to Straylight Run and wondering, "What is sin?" Straylight Run is not rela...
-
I didn't go to Southwest Church today; instead, I took my Bible and drove to Clearcreek Park half a mile down the road from K-Mart. I re...
-
Defining Terms In this post I make an argument for paedobaptism from a theological, historical, and biblical perspective. Before plunging in...
No comments:
Post a Comment