Monday, November 14, 2005

The class on Sunday went extremely well. It started off sluggish but the Sr. Highers got into it and we had a heckuva good time talking about God, Jesus, and discipleship. Every time I teach a class, whether it goes well or not, my passion for teaching is enflamed once again. There is something about teaching that just stirs my soul in ways other things cannot.

At first I thought my preaching on Sunday wasn't up-to-par. I felt rather discouraged about it all. Truth be told, I didn't do much rehearsing and that rubbed off on the message. I just didn't feel like God really wanted me to rehearse. I know that sounds crazy. But afterwards several people approached me and told me, in more words than this, that the message--a message delivered from my heart--spoke to them. One of my friends pulled me backstage and said, "That is exactly what everyone in there needed to hear." Maybe, in the loss of eloquence and the expressions of simplicity, God's voice was easier to be heard in the hearts of his children--or in those whom he desires to be his children.

Well, it's 7:40 a.m. here on campus and I'm about to start another week of classes. It should be fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the exact same way dude. Im so glad you have a passion for that/ I havent had the chance to teach like that, but I think on Sunday me and Kristen are going to talk about our trip to Mississippi. We have some amazing pictures.

Anonymous said...

It's going to be NEXT Sunday. But we were asked to talk about our trip. So thats what were going to do.

Anonymous said...

Anth,

Ams said it was good!

Dad

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...