Saturday, November 12, 2005

Yesterday I was in the coffee shop buying a veggie wrap and a blueberry muffin (the muffin was for my Messianic Jewish friend, a great guy who has tremendously fresh insights on Yeshua ben Yosef), when one of my friends came in and was letting me meet her parents. Anyways, I am trying to pay for my food and talk to her and her parents at the same time when my cell phone rings. I see it's Jeff so I excuse myself and learn that he wants me to give the message on Sunday for Fuel. I am quite excited.

This weekend should be fun. I'm also teaching Sr. High class, and we're going to be discussing "What does God really want from me?", teaching out of the book of the minor prophet Micah. In the evening, I am giving a message entitled, appropriately-so, "Why I love Jesus." I am focusing on the fact that he was a Jewish Rabbi and he calls us to be his students, and I am going to tell everyone the four things that have drawn me to him: his teachings, his life, his mission, and his calling. I will close off by encouraging them to pursue Yeshua, the Jewish Rabbi who works in and around his disciples to change the world for good.

This is, I believe, what I was made for. Teaching and preaching the Message. I was talking to my Messianic Jewish friend, and I told him, "Just teaching and preaching the Message is so exhilerating. It's like a never-ending adrenaline rush. When I'm teaching or preaching, I feel like I'm really alive." My prayer is that God will speak through me, that he will whisper his words into my own voice and the hearts of the listeners as well. It's all for Him, after all; I'm just a mere stagehand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you the man

Dylan said...

I LOVE YOU...

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...