Friday, November 18, 2005

Today I presented my final speech in Public Speaking, and I presented it on how we as the Body of Christ should be more generous in our lives and monetary blessings. This is a struggle for me and I spoke much from the heart as I stood before the class. In my speech I explored harrowing statistics, then wept over how the Body of Christ in America is often ignorant of the suffering around the world. I pretty much said that while there is nothing wrong with eating out, or buying a book every once in a while, or just keeping ourselves alive, there is certainly a call to a greater mission in the world than simply building ourselves a nest egg or lining our own pockets. This mission is the Kingdom of God, and when we are faced with the suffering around the world, there are two roads we can walk down: we can turn our back on the darkness and instead face an even deeper darkness--the darkness of ignorance--or we can embrace the darkness and pierce it with the light of the Kingdom God.

"We are called to spread God's Kingdom with our gifts, abilities, talents, and blessings--and this includes money."

Here are three organizations that exist to spread God's Kingdom through our monetary gifts:

World Vision

Save the Children
MakePovertyHistory

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel what your saying bro. Even wanting to be a Youth Minister, I still feel the calling of reaching others to hear the gospel. Whether it's not in this country or whether it is. God will take you there. Im glad you talked about it.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...