Sunday, July 29, 2007

a romantic serenade

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One day Bucci's parents came down--July 4, I believe--and Tom and I thought it would be funny if I made Bucci uncomfortable by acting like I had an insane crush on her. Entirely fictional, of course. Ever since then, a joke has been running around that Bucci and I are in a strange love affair: I am head-over-heels for her, but she does not want anything to do with me. On Wednesday during lunch, the kids demanded that I sing a song. I told them that if they would be willing to wait, I would play guitar and sing a song I wrote for Bucci. I lost the lyrics, though, and spent ten minutes of my break writing out new lyrics. When dinner came, the kids kept begging me to play until it was time. Finally I sat Bucci down on a table and sat on the table next to her, playing my guitar for her.

These are the lyrics, to be sung to the rhythm and beat of "Where Did You Sleep Last Night":

My Bucc, My Bucc, don't lie to me
Tell me, Do you truly want me?
We'll walk through the pines
With our hands Entwined,
And We'll skip the days away!

My Bucc, My Bucc, don't lie to me
Tell me, Where would you rather be?
On a beach, getting a tan,
With our toes in the sand,
Oh! Heaven's got nothing on us!

A yellow house with a walk-around porch,
And hanging plants bathing in the sun.
We'll drink iced tea and watch the sun setting,
O'er the ice-capped mountains beyond.

And what else could we want, but to be in this place?
Wrapped warm in each other's arms?
There's a future for us, beyond this camp
Tell me, Don't you agree?

My Bucc, My Bucc, don't lie to me
Tell me, Will you be mine?
The wedding bells sound, in the chapel in the pines,
As we walk down that pine-strewn aisle!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...