Monday, June 08, 2009

the lehman house [5]

Monday. I woke at 4:35, showered, got dressed, and hit the road. I reached camp by 6 AM, so I was exhausted. And I only slept one hour last night. I tossed and turned, tried everything: the couch, meditation, praying, controlled breathing, a shot of bourbon and a cigarette. All to no avail. So I was tired at work, but it went by quickly. I got to work with Karen R. since Willy's car broke down. A blown water pump. Both Sarah and Ams said they want to get back with God, so we're doing House Devos, just going over the basics. When Sarah got back from work, we sat out on the back porch and did crossword puzzles. We went to Kroger and made an amazing dinner of macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, cream corn, and chicken tenders. Sarah went for a run, and then House Devos commenced: "Why do we need a solution?" It was really good, and Sarah was really convicted.

Tuesday. Work went well. I made dinner when I got home and went to the Hilltop to visit Nate, use the internet, and buy some paper coffee cups and lids to use in the mornings before work. Jessie called me, ecstatic: "Justin and I made out!" She described the kissing, the touching, the horniness. It gives her closure over what's been going on, and I'm happy for her.

Wednesday. Huge storms rolled through overnight. More storms came through on my drive home from work. When Sarah came home, she announced that Keith broke up with her and that it's over. I'm holding back my excitement: the moment he apologizes, she'll crawl right back to him. She complained, "I just want a good guy, but there's no one out there!" Every time she says that, I get pissed. I take it as an insult. "You don't just want a good guy," I told her. "You want a HOT good guy. Don't tell it like it's the other way around. And what's more important to you? The hotness. That's why you're with Keith."

Thursday. I ended up working two hours overtime making packed lunches. I stopped by Tri-Health on my way home and Sarah made me a Greek pizza for free. We talked a lot about zombies. I got home around 5:00 and went over to Jessie's apartment next to Bloc, and we went to Jungle Jim's and she came over to the house. Sarah didn't come back till 10:00--things with her and Keith are rolling again. What did I tell you?

Friday. I got off work at 10:30 and jetted to Centerville to see Land of the Lost with Mom. It was great. Traffic back to Cincinnati was a BITCH. Pat D. came over. He loves the house. We shot whiskey, played guitar, smoked cigarettes, and reminisced on our high school days. He left around midnight to hit up a party in Clifton, just across the railyards. 

Saturday. I didn't sleep well, feeling sick 'cause of the alcohol and listening to the neighbors' she-cats moaning in heat and slinking around beneath my windows. The day passed pretty slowly: I talked to Kyle and Jobst over the phone, and talked with Pat D. too. I went to Kroger and Ams got ice cream. Sarah's in West Virginia with her family.

Sunday. I was off work by noon. Sarah returned from her gambling trip in West Virginia around 2:00, and she was full of stories. Ams and I watched the commentary on Twilight. Obviously I didn't have much to do. We spent the evening filming a scene from Dwellers of the Night on Sarah's camera.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...