Tuesday, June 23, 2009

the lehman house [7]

Monday. While I was at work, Mandy K. called me: "I really miss you!" Jessie said, "It's obvious she liked you. She just said she didn't because she knew it was a dead-end." I went to the Hilltop after my post-work nap, hung out with Nate and Mandy Hoos. I met up with Jessie at the house and we sat out on the back porch. Sarah came home from Keith's, complaining about him like always.

Tuesday. I went to Springboro after work. The drive back to Cincinnati was slow and I almost fell asleep at the wheel. I went to Blockbuster and rented some movies. I got a bad headache and went to bed around 10 PM.

Wednesday. Jobst and I went to Barnes & Noble this afternoon. He was really depressed and quiet. I bought him lunch and myself a latte, and we sat on the patio looking upon the river and bridges and the Cincinnati skyline. We talked about his depression, and he nearly broke into tears. I dropped him off back at his apartment on Rosemont, and Ams and I hit up the China Buffet on Glenway. A boy who lives in the neighborhood keeps crashing on our porch, and by "crashing" I mean just sitting in our chairs minding our own business.

Thursday. Today was "Taco Day" at camp and it went by quickly. I went to Tri-Health to visit Sarah, who's been at Keith's the last few nights. She made me a free Greek pizza. When I got back Jobst was waiting for me on the front porch. We hung out for a bit, and then he left. I started drinking some bourbon, amaretto, irish cream. Jessie came over and I drank some more. "The Boy" appeared on our porch again and I shooed him off. Sarah and Ams broke out some Riesling White. I was drunk by this point. Jessie left around 11:30, and Nate swung by fifteen minutes later after his closing shift at the Hilltop. He stayed till around 3 AM. Sarah was so drunk she was crawling all over me. I told her to back off.

Friday. Jessie invited me over, so I spent the afternoon with her at her apartment by Bloc. Her friend Brianna's mom needed a ride to the hospital, so I tagged along. Back home I napped for a bit, and then Ams and I went to Sozo, a prayer gathering with Nate's church. It was very Pentecostal. Charismatic with tongues and prophecy and people falling down. Ams, Nate and I all felt out-of-place. He was there to play guitar. We went over to Nate's afterwards. Sarah was too sick to go to church but not sick enough to stay away from Keith's.

Saturday. Jessie and I headed to Indianapolis for Kyle Crafton's wedding to some girl named Leisha. Brian W. was there. We hit up the reception and then the three of us went to DQ for ice cream. Banana Split! When we got back to Cincinnati, Jessie hung out for a while and then I did some writing before bed.

Sunday. Last night I dreamt Courtney had gotten pregnant by me and had a little girl, but she wouldn't let me see her. I woke so sad and hurt. I worked 10-7:30 at the Girl Scout camp, and then I went over to Jessie's and she made me pie.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...