Monday, June 29, 2009

the lehman house [8]

Genna being crazy. (Get used to it)
Monday. I worked 6-2:00, and it went by quickly. Tim didn't show up on time, so Willy and I did lunch alone. I went to Dayton for Father's Day, to celebrate it with Dad. Mom and Grandma, who's living with Mom & Dad now, her divorce from Grandpa finalized a while ago--fixed a great dinner. When I went to bed, I didn't feel "at home." The Nasty 'Nati is my home now.

Tuesday. I headed to Camp from Springboro. Only a 40 minute drive. Sarah and I made dinner. Jobst came over and fell asleep in the chair. I drank a little bit. Mom's hooking me up on a date with an internet from her school. Her name's Gena. She graduated from U.D. with a teaching degree. She's cute and, according to Mom, she has a great personality and is funny. And there's at least one irony: she's good friends with Courtney, the only girl I ever loved. We talked on the phone for two hours, late into the night. 

Wednesday. I went to Dayton and then to Genna's apartment in Centerville to meet her. She's really cute. We hung out for a bit, ate cake for her 22nd birthday, and then some of her friends from U.D. came over. I had a drink or two, and then we went to a sushi bar down the street: Kabuki. It was my first time having sushi, I think, and I really liked it. I was really quiet, not knowing Genna too well, nor her friends; so, par for the course, I was very shy. Yet I did leave a good impression, because we're hanging out tomorrow. "You're everything I've been looking for!" she said.

Thursday. I worked 6-2:00. At 5:30 I went over to her place. She fixed scallions and vegetables and a romaine salad for dinner, paired with a white wine. She's a wine fanatic, has bottles all over her apartment. We watched "Patch Adams" and cuddled on her futon. We took some shots and talked for hours. 

Friday. I spent the night at Mom & Dad's and grabbed lunch with Genna before going down to Cincinnati. Jessie came over and we sat on the back porch and I told her all about Genna. She's excited for me, and I'm pretty excited, too.

Saturday. I worked 6-2:00, and I'm off till next Sunday: I'm off an entire week! I went to The Party Source in Newport for rum, cleaned the house with Sarah, and then Genna came over. I showed her around. Sarah went to Keith's, and then Jessie joined us at the house. Jessie likes her. "She's so beautiful, Anth!" Jessie went to Tiz's, and Genna and I sat in the living room just talking for hours. "Are you too good to be true?" she asked. I sure hope not! 

Mom's 45th Birthday. I woke at 8 AM, ate breakfast, and then slept till 12:30. I headed up to Dayton. Aunt Teri was there. Ams was, too, and we grabbed China Cottage with Dewenter. I went and picked up Genna from her apartment, and she came to the house for pizza, cake, and a movie: Inkheart. We went by Springboro Intermediate and Genna showed me her classroom. We went back to her apartment and watched a movie to round out the night.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...