Monday, June 15, 2009

the lehman house [6]

Ams & Mykaela
Monday. I only got two hours of sleep last night, so I was tired all through work. Once I got home I napped until 5:00 and then fixed a chicken quesadilla for dinner. Sarah, Ams and I watched TV. Sarah & Ams went to the Redbox and rented some romance movie. Jessie came by after her night at Cincy State. "Are you depressed?" she asked. "No," I lied. 

Tuesday. I woke around midnight to screaming. I threw on my pants and ran out of my room to find Sarah and Ams ash-faced. "We saw a cockroach!" they shrieked. I went back to bed, and all day long the two of them were freaking out. Both say they're gonna move out. We're gonna set up roach motels, and if that doesn't work, we'll try to get the house sprayed. Both of them think it's an infestation. We found roach-killing spray in the living room closet. Sarah's spending the night at Keith's "because of the bugs" (I'm sure that's why). I asked Ams if she thought Sarah would ever get away from Keith. She didn't have an answer. I ended the evening visiting Isaac and Amos at their apartment: Wii, a dead snake, a German board game, and pizza.

Wednesday. I worked 7-2:00, which sucked, cause I was supposed to have the day off. I napped after work and then watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Ams had an interview with Chipotle at Tri-County (she's jobless at the moment) and then went to Dayton for the night. Sarah was supposed to be home at 5:00, then 7:00, then 9:00. Never showed. Then she called at 10:00 saying she was leaving Keith's. It feels good knowing she chooses the dick over me (no pun intended).

Thursday. I worked 6-4:00, a grueling shift, but I'm done till Sunday! When Sarah got home we watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and then went to Kroger for food. Jobst was working. Everything was cool with Sarah until Ams got back from Dayton, and then they both turned on me and were mean, probably without realizing it. I got mad, then sad, and then I felt sick so I went to bed.

Friday. Several storms passed overnight. I woke at 8:00 after dreaming that Karen and I were dating again and "in love" like we were once upon a time. Jessie and I went to Barnes & Noble, then ate lamb and smoked mango hookah at Cafe Istanbul in Newport. People walking by gave us weird looks. I dropped Jessie off at her place on Iliff and then spent the day cleaning and reorganizing the house. I got two wooden ashtrays from Africa, one in the shape of an elephant and another in the shape of a turtle. I broke them in while watching Thank You For Smoking (You're Welcome!). When Sarah got back, she, Ams and I went to Jessie's work and got some gelato (with some Bailey's Irish Cream with espresso on top). Lots of people from school were there. Rob's birthday party was tonight, but no one told me, so I didn't show up. And then Mandy got pissed that I wasn't there.

Saturday. My legs ached really bad last night, so I rubbed on some orthopedic muscle relaxant. I foolishly forgot to wash my hands and went to pee and got the stuff all over my balls. they swelled bright, cherry red and it burned like HELL. I tried wiping it with a towel but only smeared it. FML. I ended up showering for twenty minutes to get it off. I spent the day napping and watching movies: Flight of the Navigator and Valkyrie. Mykaela came by the house last night: she's on camp teams at C.C.U. and was on campus for the weekend. It was good to see her.

Sunday. I worked 10-7:30. We had an hour break, so I ran to Wal-Greens. One of the camp counselors, Hannah (?), may have a crush on me. She's 19 or 20. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...