Monday, September 14, 2009

the lehman house [20]

Jessie in my falsa shirt
Monday. I’m starting a new diet today: fruits, veggies, rice, whole grains, lean meats. It’s expensive. And hopefully I’ll be quitting smoking soon. I worked 9:30-1:00 with Nate, Rob, and Hannah. Lunch was an orange and a fruit tea smoothie. Mandy told Maggie, “Anthony was checking you out.” She asked who I was. “Blond boy. Works at the Hilltop.” Maggie said I smelled really good? Mandy told me, “She thinks she’s too fucked up to be in a relationship. Her last one ended pretty badly.” Well, at least we have something in common! I ate rice and veggies for dinner, and Sarah and I went to Kroger & Blockbuster and spent the evening watching movies.

Tuesday. Jessie and Bullard came over for dinner: grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, cream corn and wheat bread. Lots of good conversation. Jessie left for Bloc at 6:00, and Bullard and I hung out. Sarah got home around eight and we watched the season finale of “Big Brother.”

Wednesday. I worked 9:30-1:00 with Nate, Rob, and Matt, and spent the afternoon writing papers. Jessie came over, and we made chicken, corn, potatoes, and Mac & Cheese for dinner. We sat out on the front porch, and she had a daiquiri with two shots rum. Her and Justin V. are now completely done. He’s decided to return long-term to China or something like that. She left, and Hartman came over. He brought his bookah, and we sat out on the back porch with Sarah and smoked. Djarum Blacks are outlawed next week. We watched a movie—“Helter Skelter.” Sarah took Hartman back to his place. Mandy K. has been really lonely lately. I called her, and she cried, and I just wanted to give her a shoulder to cry on.

Thursday. I dreamt Courtney and I were friends, hanging out on a beach somewhere as a storm rolled in. Sarah and I did some grocery shopping and fixed steak for dinner. Mandy swung by for a bit. The boys from Block—Tamar and Tyree—came by, and we gave them cookies. Sarah and I chatted theology and biblical history, centered around repentance, for hours until 1 AM.

Friday. Sarah and I did a workout video together, part of this whole “Get In Shape” deal I started Monday. We wore ourselves out! We ran out to Aldi’s in Delhi, and then she went to Keith’s and I went to the Hilltop to see Gambill & Bethany. When Sarah returned from keith’s, we watched some TV together. Mandy K. called. She’ll be in Cincinnati tomorrow through Wednesday!

Saturday. My day was spent in Dayton with Mom & Dad before dinner in New Carlisle with Dad’s side of the family. Joel & Megan’s baby Cate will be a year (or two?) in November. Bailey’s in high school and Hannah just got her license. Time whips by, people get old. Alex M. has his license now and Eric’s a junior or senior in high school. Mandy K. came into town last night; my block of time with her is Monday. Jessie said, “She sure does sound excited to see you. Maybe she does like you!” No, I doubt it. When Sarah returned from a party in Hamilton we shared some beers and then went to bed.


Sunday. I woke to rain tapping on my windows. I made a cup of coffee, did some writing, and Mandy H. came over to do laundry and homework. I fixed us steak, taters, corn, and rolls for dinner. Mandy K. came over, a day early! We sat at the kitchen table and caught up and went to the Hilltop. Tomorrow we’re hanging out for the last time before she returns to Chicago. Oh: I’m apparently the only one from CCU whom she called to announce her trip. Does she like me? I’ll never know.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...