Monday, September 07, 2009

the lehman house [18]

Monday. I worked 9:30-1:00 with Nate, Rob, and Matt. I had class till 3:00 followed by lunch with Jessie. I napped back home, went to the Hilltop come evening, but no one was around so I headed back home and spent the evening watching TV and went to bed early.

Tuesday. I had class at 12:30 with Kyle after an enjoyable lunch with Rob, Gambill, and Brian W. I worked 4-7:00 with Andy W. and had dinner with Sarah and Ams back at the house. I spent most of the night hanging out in the Student Life Center, writing and hanging out with Sarah G. and her boyfriend David.

Wednesday. I waited on Courtney at work. An iced mocha for her and another for her fiancĂ©. Hearing her voice made my heart ache. I ate lunch with Mandy H., and then Ams and I headed to Dayton and met up with Mom & Dad for dinner at Marion’s, and then I went by my parents’ house to see Dylan; we sat on the front porch and smoked and talked. I returned to Cincinnati, and I joined Gambill, Sa-Rah and Jobst for a journey downtown to the Serpentine Wall on the riverfront (we were kicked out by a ranger around midnight). We returned to my house and sat on the stoop talking till about 2 AM. I took Jobst home after he puffed his pipe.

Thursday. Ams was out till about 9 AM, hanging out with Tiz and Chris S. She said they think I’m cool. Apparently Mandy H. has been talking me up to them. After my classes I grabbed a latte from the Hilltop and hung out with Sarah at the house. She headed to U.C. to give her estranged brother a ride to the hospital, and Mandy and I went to the Fort Wright, KY Wal-Mart. She bought stockings and almost hit a little girl. Later, Sarah and I went to Newport for dinner at Dewey’s Pizza after perusing Barnes & Noble, and then we saw “District 9” at the AMC.

Friday. I ran into Kylie S. at the bank and saw Becky C. walking up Wing on my way home. I went to the Hilltop and played “Super Ping Pong” with Gambill: it’s where you play between TWO tables instead of one. Sarah and I were supposed to go together to Nate’s house for a fire, but at the last minute (literally) she bailed to go to Keith’s. I was PISSED. I took rent to Justin and then headed to Nate’s place for an evening hanging out with Amos, Nate, and Kirby. When I got back home, Sa-Rah and Gambill were on the front porch. We sat and talked till about midnight when Sa-Rah had to go do Dorm Duty in Almuni. Sarah called and said she was miserable at Keith’s and didn’t want me to be mad. “I’m just frustrated,” I told her. “I was really looking forward to hanging out with you tonight.”

Saturday. I went to brunch at the Golden Eagle with Jessie; we haven’t gotten to hang out for like a week. I ran by Aroma’s to see her come afternoon and did some work online. Around 10:00 PM, Sarah and I joined Amos at Applebee’s for dinner and drinks. Ams has been seeing a black guy named Christ S., he’s from England, and he seems cool. Definitely not a Will. Sarah and I met him, walked to his house on Lehman. Sarah drank beer and I had rum. Sarah and I left around 2 AM and were up until 4 AM talking about God and repentance while drinking beer and smoking cigarettes on the front porch.


Sunday. My sermon at NHCC went really well. It was on faith, dealing with tough issues. After a pit stop at an empty house in Dayton, I rushed down to Cincinnati and at 4:00 Sarah, Ams and I met up with Nate, Jessica C., Kirby, Mandy H., and Kirby’s brother and his girlfriend at the school parking lot. We crammed into two cars and went to Newport. Got a seat right on the rocks right by the river. Tony and Kayla T. joined us. Sarah and I got gyros, drinks, and shared yogurt. The place got crowded: 50,000 people crammed against the river. At 9:00 the WEBN fireworks went off. Spectacular! So many laughs. “They’ve lost control of the barge!” And Sarah was being awkward as usual. Sarah and I sat on the porch and talked late into the night before I headed to my room and she went down to hers.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...