Tuesday, September 08, 2009

there is no time nor place

I was hoping to go to Kentucky this weekend to see my family and watch the Bengal’s opening game with them, but I just received news that I’ve been given a shift at work during the Bengal’s game, which means I won’t be able to see the game and, most importantly, that I won’t be able to see my family whom I haven’t seen for half a year. That pretty much blows. Hopefully I’ll be able to find someone to cover my shift? I sure do hope so. Though finding someone to cover a Sunday shift, especially when parties are going on everywhere, will be difficult.


My friend Mandy came over to the house yesterday to do laundry, and when Sarah jumped in the shower, we sat at the dining room table and talked about some things that I didn’t really want to think about. But then I ended up thinking about it for about half an hour before I went to sleep, and then even more today, and now I want to talk about it with someone but don’t really know who, though Mandy would be the obvious choice. Maybe I’ll talk to her later this week.


It is one of those things where if you keep it inside you, it could become unquenchable and then be nothing but a hindrance. Part of me hopes Mandy will slap me across the face and set me straight so my mind doesn’t keep wandering down these uncharted paths. I know that if anything actually happens, then things can get really weird really fast, and that’s not what I want at all. Absolutely not. I hate speaking so vaguely; but I don’t know who reads my blog, and I don’t want anyone to get suspicious (so in hindsight, best idea would have been not to even mention this; maybe I shouldn’t post this blog? Nah. I will.).

2 comments:

Stephen Wooten said...

Hey AJ,

I created a site to help hourly workers get their shifts covered. It's called HaveMyShift.com - I'm not positive we would work for you but would love to try and figure out if we could. Where do you work? Feel free to respond to this blogpost or email me directly at: stephen[at]havemyshift.com - Hopefully we can help you out!

Cory Isaac said...

Hey dude,
I know exactly what you're saying.
Call if you need to

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...