Sunday, November 27, 2011

a shout-out

There are moments when it just hits you, and for a moment you can see, and taste, the countless blessings you can claim as your own. This evening I stood out on the front porch and smoked a cigarette and listened to Explosions in the Sky, and it was dark and the rains drizzled off the roof. I just watched the rain and listened to some of the best damned instrumentals you can find, and I felt the blessings of having a loving and devoted family, a sister who's your best friend, countless friends that you actually like, housemates you love, co-workers you can be yourself around and a job that's fun and pays well enough. All of these things, they're things that I take for granted, things that I'll truly appreciate until after they're gone. It's strange how we feel the absence of blessings more than we feel the presence of them. If life's all about relationships, then I have everything pretty much checkered-off (except for a romantic partner, but just 'cause you want a gold toilet doesn't mean it's in the cards, and it's not that big a deal anyways). I don't want to be thankless, I want to be thankful, and in the end this post goes out to all those who read my blog: I'm thankful for you (and I know who reads my blogs, so I know I'm thankful for each and every one of you). 

Here's a picture, too! (Because Ams likes pictures in my posts) It's the first in a week-long series entitled "Squirrels With Guns." Thus the number of posts this week will be wholly dependent upon how many pictures of squirrels with guns I can find.

It's a squirrel. With a gun. You tell me.

1 comment:

Ams said...

my hands were not made for shuffling cards, they were made for gathering nuts. squirrels.

you make me laugh so much. i love.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...