Saturday, November 05, 2011

oh cincinnati

Rob's car was on empty after Indian food, so we stopped at a gas station in Camp Washington to fill up. While there we couldn't help but notice the mural painted on the building behind the gas station. If you can't quite figure out what it is, well, that's the point. Oh, Cincinnati. Apparently we have George Washington wearing women's clothes, riding a she-cow, and flanked by a gorilla on his right and a robot on his left, with flying pigs encircling his head like a halo. "You can't argue against that," Rob mused. 

Have I been slacking in updating my blog? Yes, and I apologize yet again. I've hit a sort of dry spell when it comes to blogging, have become wrapped up in several different writing projects that take up most of my time and energies. I'm hoping to have at least one completed by the end of the year, but let's be honest: that's probably nothing more than wishful thinking. Nevertheless, in my attempt to keep this blog alive-&-kicking, I've been reduced to posting music videos and pictures of silly murals, the dry humps, if you will, of the blogosphere. While I do have some posts lined up, I'm not sure when (or if) they'll end up on here. Keep checking back to see if anything here makes your tail wag.

But in defense of this post, and in defense of Cincinnati, we've got some pretty decent murals. The one to the left may not be top-notch, but check out this one from Northside:


I can get into that one. And, of course, there's always my favorite, the mural painted on the side of my semi-daily stomping grounds, The Anchor:


That's all for now. kthanxbai

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...