Monday, December 24, 2012

park avenue: the 2nd week

Muh girlfriend!
Monday. I went to The Anchor before a swift close with Frank. Per usual, the evening was spent at the Loth House hanging out with the usual crew. We played video games most of the night. The Walking Dead can't return soon enough (hence this week's picture). I left around 10:00, met up with Mo back at the house. I introduced her to Bob's Burgers.

Tuesday. I took a nap after work, and when Mo came over we went over to Amos' to watch the newest Batman movie (The Dark Knight Rises) with Blake, Isaac, Ams and Amos. The movie didn't end till about 1:30 AM.

Wednesday. Isaac hitched a ride home with me. We spent the evening watching Youtube videos: Hurray for the Riff Raff & The Felice Brothers. I enjoyed a pound T-bone steak paired with mashed potatoes and macaroni & cheese. Mo came over, and we watched some more Bob's Burgers. It's so nice that she's only six minutes away!

Thursday. I dreamt that Carly from waaaay back in the day was friends with all my friends but not with me. It made me sad. I miss her, but expectations for and an active pursuit of a renewed friendship are things of the past. I opened with Amos, and after a bout of reading at The Anchor, I met up with Mo back at the house. We had a quiet night talking about Heaven & Hell, judgment, the fate of the unevangelized, and watched a movie: "Seal Team Six." It's all about the raid on Osama bin Laden two Mays past.

The (Mayan) End of the World. Today was supposed to be the end of the world (or the beginning of a new galactic consciousness), but it wasn't. Jake & I opened together, and I spent the evening at Amos' playing MW3 before devouring a Mediterranean dinner with Mo polished off with shakes from Yagoot at Rookwood Commons. She got me a super-soft throw blanket and a 

Saturday. Blake, Ams, Mo and I enjoyed a greasy lunch at The Anchor before going our separate ways: Blake to Lexington, Mo to Michigan, and Ams & I to Paris (but not to the good one, like you want). We reached Jesse & Mandy's place by 4:30. Uncle Bill fixed a steak fondue dinner. Boozer's been fixed, has gotten fat and lazy. We did our annual Christmas exchange: Aunt Teri got me a $25 gift card to Amazon, and I got Ashley a UK Flag (but packed an England flag to throw her off). Uncle Don, Aunt Susan, Eric & Alex came up from Georgia. Alex has gotten into Georgia Tech, and Eric's 2 years into college. It's insane how time has flown; and on that subject, Kennedy's getting awfully darned big and cute (not that she wasn't before, of course). Grandpa was there, too, bitching about how hard his life is. Really? He abandoned Grandma and ran off to Florida to retire with his mistress (whose husband is a deacon in the Catholic church and paying her off not to get a divorce). Grandpa treats her like shit, not surprisingly. He expects sympathy from us, but he doesn't have it. All the cousins (and cousin-in-laws) shared a series of shots: tequila, coffee liquor, and Jesse and I opened a brand-new bottle of Woodford Reserve. Ams, Alex, Eric & I crashed at Jared & Mandy's place around 3 AM.

Sunday. Everyone 'cept Jesse and Mandy got lunch at Old Chicago Pizza on Man o' War. I gorged myself to the point of feeling sick. Buffets have that effect on me. Ams & I said our goodbyes and headed back to Cincinnati. I went to The Anchor for a bit, then spent the cold, quiet evening in my PJs, hanging out with Isaac & Ams. We watched "The King's Speech," a damned good movie.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...