Thursday, December 13, 2012

from the loth house

Thursday nights have become official: party time at the Loth House! Tonight's guests include Isaac, Dave and me. Someone tried to rob the Loth House last night, but Clover scared him away. "I'll bet it was one of Erin's exes," Amos said. "Twenty percent of them at the least were pretty shady." Really, I think twenty percent is pretty conservative. 

The first week at Park Place (as I'm calling it) has gone pretty damned good. Tuesday night Cory and I had a bunch of our favorite people over: Amos, Andy, Brandon, Mandy and Ams. It was so much fun. Hanging out with Mandy just like the olden days made me pretty damned nostalgic. She's gone now, headed back to Portland. I really want to go visit her and take lots and lots of pictures. Portland's an hour from the desert, an hour from the mountains, and an hour from the ocean (at least according to Rob). Seeing Rob and Mandy and being in such a beautiful place sounds like a perfect vacation. Tomorrow there's a little party for one of our friends, a party that stretches all weekend. He doesn't even know it's happening. 

Life without Mo has been hard. I miss her so much, I really do. While I think the best decision was made (though that doesn't necessarily make it the right one), that makes it no easier. She was such a big part of my life, sharing in my life, and now she's gone. So much of me wants to call her up, to ask her to come back, but I can't. I've already put her through the ringer, and more than once. To do so yet again would just be cruel. I can't stomach that, can't stomach hurting her even more than I have. 

And because no post is complete without a picture:


1 comment:

Blake said...

Anth, that pic is great. Too bad it's hard for everyone to see that it's a text from you and it's basically a bunch of numbers and letters that make no sense. That basically sums up our friendship.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...