Monday, December 10, 2012

the [final] week

may she rest in peace

Monday. I closed today and will tomorrow, a brief hiatus from opening. I hit up The Anchor before closing with Frank, and we were out by 4:30. I went to Amos', and we met up with Rob (who's in town from Portland), Blayne, Andy, Ams, and Isaac for a Dusmesh dinner. Rob just about orgasmed. The evening was spent at the Loth House playing video games and hanging out with Rob. Sooo good to see him. The Dusmesh crew plus Blake, Brandy, John and Brandy watched The Walking Dead mid-season finale. My heart was pounding, it was so good. Mo and I talked some more over the phone, trying to get some closure. It sucks, God it sucks, but it's for the best. I fucking hate hurting her.

Tuesday. I went to The Anchor before work. I've been reading up on the Spanish genocides against the Aztec, Inca, and Mayan natives. I grabbed Fusian for dinner (a tuna roll) and paired it with stir-fried Dusmesh leftovers. Ams came over and Isaac joined us for an evening watching Psych.

Wednesday. Sarah and I opened. Tiffany put up a Christmas tree decorated with coffee bag trimmings and a sculpted big-ass coffee filter for the crowning star. Ams was in my room when I got home, she locked herself out of her house. I went to The Anchor--"See you tomorrow!" Georgette exclaimed as I left--and Ams was still over when I got home. We hung out for a while and she went to Josh's, and I got Wendy's for dinner and watched episodes of "Deadliest Warrior" with Isaac: Aztecs vs. some African tribe, and Washington vs. Bonaparte. The reenactments of the cannon takin' off heads and cuttin' clean holes through people were spot-on.

Thursday. Andy made a midnight run to pick up Mandy from her family's place in Indiana, and they got to the Claypole House around 1:30 AM. I rolled out of bed to greet her, and so did Isaac, and we all sat in the living room and hung out for a while before returning to sleep. I worked 7:30-3:00, an uneventful but tiring shift. Blake, Ams, Isaac and I spent the evening hanging out. Isaac left for a poetry reading at 1215, and the rest of us met up with Mandy and Matt G. at The Anchor for a delicious dinner. Mandy & Ams split, and I did some reading before bed.

The Claypole House: The Last Day. Blake and I spent the whole day moving into our new place in Norwood (and we've still got more to do tomorrow). Dad delivered my homemade bookshelf (made out of Ams' old college dorm loft). He likes the new place. We got ice cream from the UDF down the street. Blake and I were tired sore, and after a pow-wow with Ams, Mandy, Andy and Brandy in Blake's room (truly the last of its kind), we crashed. Oh: it sucks moving shift in the fog and rain. But I acquired a crock-pot and wok in the move, not to mention our living room TV and its stand. Baller. Shot. Collar. Also: today's the anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Can't forget that now, can we?

The Park Apartment: The First Day. Blake, Amos, Isaac and I spent most of the day moving our furniture and appliances to the new apartment. We went all-out and got a U-Haul, and I'm thankful it didn't rain (note: I love driving big trucks). Tyler came down and we grabbed Chipotle before Rob and Mandy's "Hi & Goodbye" party at the Loth House. So many great people, and of note: John & Brandy, Amos, Andy, Isaac, Blake, Ams & Josh, John & Matt, Jeff, Andrew & Megan, Suraj, and so many more (like TJ), not to mention Rob & Mandy (and, of course, Clover). It was a night of lots and lots of beer and vodka and laughter. Andy went on a rampage, we critiqued "Land Before Time" in the Education Corner on the steps leading upstairs, and there was only a little bit of throwing up by those inexperienced and hasty in making a point. Blake and I got back to our new place around 3 AM, and we were dead tired and fully satisfied: it was a party just like we used to have back in the high-livin' days.

Sunday. After a quick Dusmesh buffet with Amos, Andy, Rob & Les, Blake and I finished up our moving-in process, minus a few things Blake's grabbing tomorrow. 1-800-GOTJUNK is coming to haul away the rest of our shit. Blake and I swung by the Loth House to see Rob one last time before he leaves Cincinnati, and we spent the evening unpacking (with Ams' help). We kicked in the house with some Eastbound & Down and called it a night early. Such a long weekend.

Welp. That's it. Every week since moving into The Claypole House has been chronicled, and it's time to call this for what it is: an ending. These weekly updates will be no more, though I hope to make note of all the interesting and weird things that happen to me as I live my life. I'm sure there will be adventures at Park Place, and these will find their way onto this blog, but the day-to-day recaps have gone the way of the Dodo.

So long. And farewell.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...