Sunday, December 02, 2012

the 76th week

heeeeeeere's johnny!
If all goes to plan, this will be the second-to-last "weekly update": we've found a possible place in Norwood, and Blake, Isaac and I may be moving in as soon as Friday this upcoming week. It's a great location, right next to the highway, just a hop, skip and a jump from Rookwood Commons, and only a few exits south of 1/2 Price Books. So, yes, it's prime real estate. Ok, here's the weekly update:

Monday. The Thanksgiving weekend came to a close with a 6:30-2:30. Blake, Ams and I checked out a house in Norwood. It's quaint and on a quiet street. We're definitely interested. We headed over to the Loth House for an evening of laughter, beer, and The Walking Dead. John & Brandy, Amos, Blake, Ams, Isaac, Clover, Andy and me: quite the crew. Mo made a surprise visit to the house to see me, but I wasn't there. I left the party early to meet up with her, and we watched Psych back at my house. 

Tuesday. Brandon and I opened together, a solid morning. He's looking for other jobs at the moment, is serious about it. "I fucking hate it here. The only thing keeping me somewhat sane is working with you guys." I cleaned my room after work and went to The Anchor to continue plowing through American Colonies. Dinner was Dusmesh-to-go at Amos' place, and we played MW3 and wrestled with Clover to the tunes of "Ugly Americans." Ams came over to do homework. I headed home to help Mo change her oil, but it was too dark and she didn't have the oil, so we postponed.

Wednesday. Sarah and I opened, and after a trip to The Anchor I met up with Mo and we went to the Loth House to watch documentaries and drink beer with John. We watched half of an amazing show on UFOs and then watched a few episodes of Blue Planet. Brandy and Sabrina came home after rock climbing in Blue Ash. Oh, and Brandon officially resigned from S.M. at T.M.

Thursday. I covered Ana's F.P. shift and ran our rental applications to the house in Norwood. I went to Amos' and we played MW3. Isaac showed up, too, and then John came home from work. We picked up Taco Bell for dinner, and Dave Adams, back in town after a long stint in Libya doing photojournalism, swung by, and I gave him a lift home. I knew him from the early C.C.U. years. He's been hired at 600, starts next week, should be cool. I headed home and Ams came by for a bit. We watched the Station Fire footage from the Rhode Island night club back in 2003. Fucked. Up. She went to Josh's, and I spent the rest of my night reading and went to bed early.

Friday. I didn't go in until 10:30, so after hanging out with Blake for a bit, I got some breakfast burritos before heading into work. Frank and I had a great close, and I spent the night hanging out with Blake and Ams before heading over to Amos' to play MW3 and watch the British "Office." Shit went down outside his house: yellow tape, canines, the whole deal. I crashed back home after some NBA Jam with Blake and Isaac.

Saturday. I went to The Anchor for breakfast and spent most of the day hanging out with Blake and playing video games. Mo came over in the evening, and we got Dusmesh for dinner. The rest of the night was spent hanging out with her, Blake, Isaac and Ams. We watched "Requiem for a Dream," always depressing.

Sunday. I went to The Anchor before heading downtown to do End-of-Month Inventory with Brandon. The back fridge shorted out over the weekend and we lost $1000. Awesome. I spent the evening hanging out with Amos, John and Brandy, and I rounded out my night playing NBA Jam back home with Blake, Isaac, and Ams.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...