Thursday, July 25, 2013

THE WALKING DEAD (II)


To psyche myself up for The Walking Dead returning in October, I've been steadily playing through the video game fashioned after the comic. It's basically an interactive RPG where your decisions affect the flow of the game (to a degree). The graphics are set up almost like a cartoon, which unsettled me at first (I like things to look as realistic as possible when it comes to video games, hence my love for Birds of Steel), but as the story's progressed, I've actually felt myself pulled in. I feel for the characters, and I make decisions based on my feelings towards the characters. One of the main storylines is the main character, Lee, protecting a little girl he found alone at the beginning of the outbreak; her name's Clementine. In one of the last scenes I played, Clementine disappeared, and I literally felt a bit panicked as I sent my character running around trying to find her. I've never gotten so emotionally absorbed into a game, so kudos to the developers. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...