Monday, August 05, 2013

the 34th week


Monday. I went to Panera across the street from work to read the bible and pray. Coffee and scripture, a good way to start the morning. I'm F.P. all week since Sarah's on vacation in Florida. Dave was fired Friday. Amos opened, and when we got off work we went to his place to play video games. My afternoon was spent dicking around: I got Chipotle for dinner and jetted to the Loth House for shirtless Rock Band. I made Traci laugh so hard she pissed herself!

Tuesday. DeJuan was late again, so he got a "two weeks notice," and then he's gone. Amos was forty-five minutes late, and Chloe didn't know the door code so she arrived on time but couldn't get in. And Brandon had two catering orders and looked ready to kamikaze Tazza Mia. At least my morning coffee and scripture was uneventful! Amos, John and I kicked back with Smuttynose chamomile beers in the Loth House lawn, and I spent my evening reading and hanging out with Isaac.

Wednesday. Helluva busy day: Panera before work, work meeting till 7:00 (coffee tastings and a spur-of-the-moment latte art competition), and then I rushed home for an evening hanging out with Dylan, who's back from Mozambique. Ams joined us, and we grabbed Chipotle for dinner and played video games, hung out in the living room listening to music, and shared so many stories from the Old Days and what's transpired since. It was so good to see him. He's heading to D.C. in a month to work for a bit before Grad School. Having him back, it was just like old times. It feels like just yesterday he was shipping out and we were saying we'd miss each other. Miss one another we sure did, and it's crazy to think it's been 2 1/2 years. He piped up about how weird it is for people he knows to be so different now, but at least I haven't changed: I'm still the goofy, warm, laid-back guy I've always been (much to my own detriment). He wanted to stay up until 2 AM so I drank a bunch of coffee and he was passed out by 11:00.

Thursday. Corey and Chloe opened. It's Corey's last day. He's off to The Gathering Place in Bright the next state over. Corey had a bunch of people over to the apartment: Josh and Ty from Fusian, Dejuan and his girlfriend, and T.J. came, too. We hit up the Happy Hollow and I had a few shots of whiskey and downed it with orange juice.

Friday. Work was slammed, a fitting conclusion to a chaotic week. I napped until 5:00 and made pork chops and Mac-&-Cheese for dinner and watched The Hunger Games on Netflix. A nice, relaxing evening; I needed it.

Saturday. I slept in till 8:00, went downtown to do the USFoods order and visit Amos, and after lunch with Dad and a new bike tire at Frisch's, I headed downtown to hang out with Amos, Frank and Rebecca on Liberty Street. I spent the rest of the evening relaxing at home watching The Pianist.

Sunday. I went to U.C.C. and even braved the crowd to partake in communion! Andy, Amos and I got Dusmesh for lunch and Ams came over. We got groceries from Kroger. Corey returned from his weekend in Bright. Ams, Andy and Amos headed out and when Blake came home we played NBA Jam.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...