Monday, August 26, 2013

the 37th week

the bell tower at the end of our street
Monday. Chloe and I opened, and I spent the afternoon hanging out with Mandy and Isaac. Ams and Traci came over, and then Blake, Trac, Ams and I got dinner at Keystone Bar & Grill in Oakley; I got the Rhinegeist Truth beer. The Loth House was grand: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan and hanging out on the lawn with Mandy, Ams and Sarah C., and we talked A LOT about dinosaurs, much to my delight.

Tuesday. Chloe and I opened. We have a new hire: Tori, a CCUer who's friends with Tibbles. I keep forgetting her name, and I've called her "the Loyalist" several times. Josh went full time to Coffee Emporium. I spent my afternoon and evening hanging out with Isaac & Mandy, Kevin and Ams. I tried taking a nap but Mandy banged on my door and screamed my name until I woke up. Yup, just like old times! We drank rum on the balcony late into the night.

Wednesday. Amos and I opened. Sarah called off sick, so work was crazy. I napped and then perked up with coffee at The Anchor, and I swung by the Loth House to visit John and Brandy (Amos was roasting downtown all night). Back home I fixed a Greek pizza for dinner, and Ams came over in a bad mood: her and Josh are officially kaput. The two of us plus Mandy and Isaac spent the evening hanging out and listening to Mariee Sioux.

Thursday. Chloe, Tori and I opened; Sarah's still sick. Most of my afternoon was spent reading and hanging out with Isaac, Kevin and Mandy. Isaac broke out his homebrew and Kevin played guitar. Mandy and I curled up on the sofa and read late into the night: she's reading Tom Robbins and I'm reading a book about the struggle to create the American republic between 1765 and 1801. 

Friday. The Land of Taz has been hell this week, and next week will be no better. *SIGH* Times such as these make me see my need for a new job. Tibbles and the littlest Tiblet came into work to do some baking; it was good seeing them. I miss Thursday nights with Eric and his family. Mandy walked to work from our apartment for a free salad and coffee, and we headed home for an afternoon of Breaking Bad. Ams, Sarah C., and Andy came over for an evening of lamenting female circumcision. Ams and Sarah headed home, Andy and Mandy went to see a show at The Comet in Northside, and I ended the night finishing two books: Life After Death and Introverts in the Church.

Saturday. I "slept in," got dressed, picked up coffee from UDF, and ran downtown to grab my check. Mandy went to clean Sarah's apartment, and I spent most of the day napping, reading, and grocery shopping. Mandy and I had a cleaning party when she returned (she did most of it), and we spent the evening hanging out before Corey came home from Bright around midnight and whisked her away to Indiana.

Sunday. I went to The Anchor before hitting up U.C.C., and then I headed north to enjoy dinner at home with Mom, Dad and Ams. This is Ams' last night at Mom and Dad's: she's moving into her new place tomorrow, and that will be lots of fun, I'm sure.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...