Monday, August 12, 2013

the 35th week


Monday. DeJuan and I opened, and lunch was crazy with only four of us. I spent my afternoon hanging out with Blake & Isaac, and Traci joined us at the Loth House for an evening of Metallica Guitar Hero.

Tuesday. DeJuan and I opened, and I went by Amos' after work since he had the day off, and we played some MW3. Back at the house I got down on some Birds of Steel and grabbed Subway for dinner (and since I'm broke, I maxxed out my Subway card). 

Wednesday. Chloe and I closed shop. I'm going to start closing on days when Amos is roasting. Traffic home was hell, thanks to the Pure Romance convention and the Reds game. I spent a quiet night at home: did some reading, watched Titanic on Netflix, and showered before crawling into bed around 9 PM, totally exhausted.

Thursday. Isaac's in Montana hanging out with Mandy, and he got some shitty news: his mom's lung cancer has spread to her brain. So "shitty" is an understatement. "2013. What a shitty year," I told Amos. Work sucked: both Frank and Sarah called off, and we've fired too many people to call in anyone else. I went by Frank's place on Liberty after work, and then I spent a quiet evening watching TV.

Friday. Corey Isaac returned from Montana: his mom isn't doing too good, and they've given her just the weekend. Mandy returned with him, too, for an indefinite stay. I met up with them at CVG and ferried Mandy to the apartment, where she'll be crashing. "It's great to have you back, though I'd prefer it be under different conditions." Ams came over, and Mandy surprised the shit out of her. Dylan joined us, and we took shots and hung out for a while. Mandy passed out and Ams left, and Dylan and I ran to Liberty Street to see Frank and Rebecca, and then we watched Daft Punk Youtube videos and went to bed.

Saturday. I spent most of the day watching the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, and my evening was spent at the Loth House with Amos, John & Brandy, Frank and Rebecca. It was Frank's birthday, so we took shots in the kitchen. John liked how I "chase" shots not with juice but with water cupped into my hands from the kitchen faucet. "You are a MAN!" I was home by 11:00, arriving as Isaac and Mandy returned from Hospice, and we were up until 1 AM. His mom's still alive but no longer responding; at this point it's just a waiting game.

Sunday. I woke too late for The Anchor and U.C.C., but NOT too late for Dusmesh with Amos. The house was quiet tonight: Corey and Mandy were in Indiana with Corey's mom, and Blake spent the evening at Jeff's. I spent the day reading and writing and was up until 1 AM thanks to coffee. Mandy texted me late in the night: "Corey's mom has passed." Fucking awful.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...