Monday, August 19, 2013

the 36th week

taken from the Loth House
Monday. Corey and Mandy were home when I returned after work, and Corey's brother John came over with his son Cloud. I went to the Loth House for an evening of Rock Band with the usual crew plus Mandy. 

Tuesday. Ams came over after work, and we played video games and went grocery shopping. She headed home, and I fixed penne pasta with broccoli, mushrooms, and scallops and watched The Untouchables on Netflix. Kevin Costner is an awful actor.

Wednesday. Jobst and I met up at Rock Bottom for dinner after I closed 600 and enjoyed some quiet time at The Anchor. I got nachos and a beer, and we caught up and went out onto the Square and watched Reggae.

Thursday. Chloe and I opened. I did lots of reading after work, and Ams and I were going to go to Carol's funeral in Indiana but traffic ensnared Ams on her way to pick me up, and we wouldn't have been able to get to the funeral before it ended. We both felt pretty shitty about it, wanted to give Corey our support. I figure there will be time enough for that. Ams headed home and I watched some documentaries: The Confederate States of America (a satire) and The God Who Wasn't There, a polemic against religion and especially Christianity (basically The New Atheism documentary-style).

Friday. I spent the afternoon reading and writing and got Subway for dinner. I headed to Riverbend to hang out with Sarah and her peeps in an old country house near U.S. Grant's birthplace. Sarah's awesome, has so many stories, has lived such an interesting life. I wouldn't mind "Storytime with Sarah" on a regular basis.

Saturday. I headed over to Amos' rather early to hang out and play video games, and I headed out to Bright, IN to see Corey and Mandy at The Gathering Place. I brought Mandy home with me, and we hung out and took naps. Ams joined us, and we went to the Loth House and she locked her keys in her car and we had to call AAA. Amos joined us further north in Clifton at the mansion where John and Brandy are dog-sitting, and we hung out in the kitchen and drank beers and had a pretty chill night.

Sunday. I went to The Anchor to do some reading--finished two books on the War of American Independence--and spent the afternoon cleaning and lounging around. My evening was spent with Isaac and Mandy, Ams, Blake and Traci. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...