Wednesday, December 04, 2013

here we go again...

Resist the urge to save the picture as your desktop background, if you can. I’ve been on a sort of “health kick” as of late, inspired by the whole “quitting smoking” thing I’ve got going on. I’ve been eating lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meats, avoiding sodas and fast food, and I’ve been exercising for about an hour every day. I’m only at 155, and my goal isn’t to lose weight so much as it is to be healthy (and, yes, I’ll always have a tummy; genetics!). I want to be forty years old and be healthier then than I am now. A somewhat ridiculous assertion, as I’m a pretty healthy guy, but it’s the goal nonetheless. My workouts have been focusing on building muscle: arms, legs, shoulders, back, chest, the whole ordeal. I’m sore all the time, but it’s a good feeling. I want to get cardio into the mix, too (I hate cardio), and I’m telling myself that once I go a week without smoking, I’ll start running again. With any luck, that’ll be sometime next week (but if that's the case, I'll simply find another excuse NOT to go running). I’ve got the Zombie Couch-to-5k on my IPhone, and I’m definitely going to be utilizing it, if I get that far. To keep myself accountable, I’m going to be showing the transformation (or lack thereof) here on my blog. There probably won’t be any noticeable difference for a month or so, but I’m hoping in six months time, that won’t be the case.

I also want to note that one of my biggest annoyances is people posting pictures of themselves shirtless to show off. This isn't the case here, because, like I said, (a) this is to hold me accountable to actually doing this, and (b) obviously there's not a whole lot for me to show off. 

Also, bear in mind my skin is significantly paler in real life. The camera adds about fifteen layers of skin tone. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...