"I was amazed when some of our big, good-looking officers whom you would expect to be towers of strength turned out to be little pipsqueak people who needed bucking up all the time, and some other little nondescript 135-pounders turned out to be real tigers... It was the little people who really came through." - World War Two seaman Stephen Juricka, on his experience in combat and how sociological stereotypes were turned on their head. Quoted from Max Hastings' Inferno.
Wednesday, December 04, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Children's Westminster Catechism: Question 4
Question: How can you glorify God? Answer: By loving him and doing what he commands. We saw in Question 3 of the Children's Catechism th...
-
Over the last couple of days, I've been listening to Straylight Run and wondering, "What is sin?" Straylight Run is not rela...
-
I didn't go to Southwest Church today; instead, I took my Bible and drove to Clearcreek Park half a mile down the road from K-Mart. I re...
-
Dad and I went to Borders late last night (I picked up St. Augustine's Confessions, what a great book!). On the way back, Dad asked, ...

No comments:
Post a Comment