Monday, December 22, 2014

the 57th week

Monday. I woke to find my car dead yet again (left the lights on...). Ashley came down and gave me a jump, and we hung out at the Hobbit Hole until she had to leave to greet Chloe after school. I went to The Anchor again to do some writing, and I spent the evening hanging out with Ashley, the girls, and Ams at her place. Ashley and I have been watching through the second season of American Horror Story. I'm loving it. Come evening I was back in the Hobbit Hole, and I started reading Philip Yancey's What's so Amazing about Grace? It's a phenomenal book so far.

Tuesday. After breakfast at The Anchor, I met up with Ashley at her place before my 2-8:30 shift in Blue Ash. Ben's mom came over to light the menorah and say the blessings in celebration of Hanukkah. Ben was in a pretty sour mood: he and Jason got into a fight this morning, so Ben decided he was going to cancel Jason's birthday party this Friday. Needless to say, he doesn't have that authority, and he's upset that he doesn't. I spent the evening reading at the Hobbit Hole and finished Yancey's What's so Amazing about Grace? I'm trying to knock out some smaller books before getting invested in Wright's prominent works on Jesus. Next up on the list is Running with Horses by Eugene Peterson and Life After Death by an Indian scholar whose name I can never remember. 

Wednesday. I did some writing at The Anchor before meeting up with Ashley before my 3-7:00 with Jason. Ashley and I did some aerobics; it's getting a little too cold to run outside. She made a delicious stir-fry lunch with Asian vegetables. I was home by 7:30 and spent the evening relaxing with candles, GTA5, and Running with Horses.

Thursday. I went to The Anchor for coffee and reading before working 8:30-4:00 in Blue Ash. I spent the evening at home drinking vodka and watching 3:10 to Yuma. An excellent western, though it's no Tombstone

FridayAfter coffee and reading at The Anchor, I headed up to West Chester to spend the afternoon with Ashley: we drank coffee, made vegetable wraps, and watched episodes of American Horror Story. From there I headed down to Lexington, reaching Jared & Ashley's by 6:30. I picked up Penn Station for dinner, and we drank bourbon and caught up on life for a couple hours. We headed over to Aunt Teri & Uncle Bill's to pick up Eric and Alex who came in from Georgia. We ferried them back to Jared's, and Jared made a fire and we drank whiskey and beer and were up until super late laughing and swapping stories.

Saturday. Jared made coffee and cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and Ams and I went to Wal-Mart to shop for our Secret Santas. We swung by Starbucks for drinks, and then we met up with everyone over at Jesse & Mandy's house. I was only able to stay for a couple hours since I had to work in Blue Ash. I left there around 3:00 and was in Cincinnati by 5:00. Today was Jason's birthday, and he tempted me with cake and ice cream. Ben went out with Drew, and both of them were in bed by 10:30. I talked to Ashley, celebrating our 2-Month, and then I passed out in the Staff Room.

Sunday. Chloe and Zoey spent the day with their grandparents, so Ashley and I had a date at TGI Fridays. Ben's mom gave me a $25 gift card for Christmas, and we spent every penny. She had a rough day, so we went back to my place and napped until she had to go pick up the girls. I spent some time journaling at The Anchor and rounded out the evening hanging out with Ams at her apartment by Jungle Jim's.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...