Sunday, January 11, 2015

the 60th week

Monday. Today was a helluva good day, albeit busy. It began with writing at The Anchor, followed by hanging out with Ams at her apartment and swinging by to see Ashley before heading to Blake's. Ams met us there, and we hiked down to Fountain Square and met up at Rock Bottom to see Corey & Mandy, who're in town from Oregon. Lots of people were there, not least of all Mr. Harvey. Amos and I headed up to Tyler's after Rock Bottom to see him and Julia, and then we went back to Blake's and played Cards Against Humanity with him, Traci, and Ams. The best "card" was something about George Washington's speech regarding how ripping out a man's still-beating heart results in lots of blood. I left Blake's and went by Ashley's to see her for a bit. We were going to watch a movie, but it was sleeting and I wanted to get the drive home over with. I headed back to Covington in near-blizzard conditions, and I panicked and flooded the engine and had to pull off to the side of the highway to let the mixture reorient itself. #embarrassing

Tuesday. I braved snowy roads for coffee and reading at The Anchor. I was up late last night watching The Avengers, so I took a power nap before my 2-8:00 shift in Blue Ash. I forgot my computer charger at home, so I got a lot of reading done while the guys were at Band Practice. I finished The Challenge of Jesus (next up: Zealot) and made good progress on A Blaze of Glory. After talking on the phone with Ashley for a bit, I watched some Band of Brothers and went to bed.

Wednesday. More snow fell overnight, and the temperature dropped to about twelve degrees. Unfortunately my new car doesn't have the greatest heat. I warmed up with coffee and writing at The Anchor, and I headed to West Chester to spend the afternoon with Ashley and Zoey before my 3-7:00 in Blue Ash. I took Jason to Ballroom Dancing and rounded out the evening with Subway and Band of Brothers

Thursday. Gorman Heritage Farms were closed: the temperature with the wind chill is -25. I went to The Anchor before my 8:30-4:00 shift, and after work I spent some time with Ashley and the girls before heading to The Anchor to get some writing done. I headed back to the Hobbit Hole and rounded out the night watching Band of Brothers, playing Birds of Steel, and reading Zealot by Reza Aslan (not, not the lion). #myexcitinglife

Friday. My morning was spent writing at The Anchor, and I inadvertently took a five-hour nap. I refreshed myself with coffee and writing at none other than The Anchor, and then Ashley came down to see me. We devoured Subway, watched Burn After Reading, and talked late into the night about everything and nothing. I gave her a lecture on the differences between hadrosaurs and lambeosaurs, and she would tell me later that it kept her up all night. #excitingstuff

Saturday. Ashley and I went to The Anchor for coffee and prayed together before she headed out. I spent the afternoon playing video games and then worked an Overnight in Blue Ash. Ashley and the girls had a "slumber party" at Ams' apartment, and Ams said Chloe kept trying to snuggle with her throughout the night. "I wonder where she gets it," I told Ashley. She just groaned.

Sunday. The girls were with their father today, so Ashley came down and we grabbed Subway for lunch and watched The Eye. We had lots of great talks about faith, dinosaurs, creationism, the Hebrew scriptures, different takes on Adam & Eve. She was introduced to my "liberal" slant towards theistic evolution, something I could talk about for hours. Also: we found out how seashells are made! (Hint: it has something to do with mollusks) She headed out, and I went to The Anchor before my 8-Midnight in Blue Ash. It started sleeting really bad, and my drive home felt rather perilous. At least I made it safe!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...