Friday, January 23, 2004

dog eyes & evolution

If you know me, then you know I'm a huge advocate against evolution (just check out my collection of books, including the Idiot's Guide to Evolution and Charles Darwins' On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Species, and you know I know some stuff about the Creation/evolution debate). The other day I got out of my Jeep after school, was going inside to watch television and rest, when my mutt Doogie came bounding out of his doghouse, top of his head bashing on the top of the doggie door (no wonder he's so dumb). His tongue hangs limp, and he prances all over me; but I look down, into his eyes, and as weird as this may sound, something clicked. How in the world could random chance processes create two individual species that both have mouths, noses, ears, legs, hearts and livers, lungs and kidneys, spines and spinal cord, and deep eyes? What are the chances? Some may shout, "Common ancestor!" or "Homologous structures!" But, no. All common sense rules out that random processes can create such a body plan that is nearly concurrent in most animal species. What is easier to believe? That random chance processes, over millions of years, created the biology, cosmology and physiology of our world, or that a marvelous and powerful God created it in six days? Grab a cup of coffee--or in my case, soda--and just go outside, lay back, and observe nature, and worship God for his beauty and power. God loves us so much that he created this world for us to live in. Amazing love.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...