Saturday, July 31, 2004

Am I original?

Am I original in the way I live?
In the way I worship?
In the way I lead?

Do I make others uncomfortable?
Do I make others wonder?
Do I make others take a second look at me?

Do I dare look at things differently?
Do I dare worship God in 'unusual', 'different', and 'unheard-of' ways?
Do I dare follow God even when it's the 'hard thing to do'?
Do I dare speak out even when others disagree?

Or am I a poser of the first-degree?

Do I try to be like others in the way I dress, the way I act, the way I talk?
Do I show my true personality, or a personality I want others to see?
Do I live out the person God made me, or do I shun it for a cheap fake?

Am I original?

2 comments:

darker than silence said...

didn't want to make an actual post for this announcement. i am in the process of creating a 'post-modern' 'internet-faith-community' website. it's going to have some cool stuff on it, highlighting the messages i've written over the last few months. it isn't finished yet, but you can see it's development at http://pureandsimplefaith.tripod.com. i will get a shortened URL when it is done. any questions, comments, concerns are welcome. i will make a main post when it is finished.

darker than silence said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...