Monday, July 26, 2004

the 30th week

the inspiration for our u-turn remix
Monday. School starts up in a month: ick. I spent a lot of time today thinking about how much God has blessed me, how much he's changed my life, since I turned my life back over to him in 2001. I used to be the outcast, the reject, the loser at church. Now I'm friends with virtually everybody, and I'm for real one of the most popular people at 412. Even Jeff admitted it. It just makes me realize how things can change, and that God has been at work, slowly moving behind the scenes, painting something marvelous to behold. There is a lesson in that. Chris & Pat D. spent the night last night, and today we went to Deal's and Pat D. got a rug, Chris got some soda, and I got some candles for U-Turn Thursday. It rained all day long and we almost hit Karen, my boss, in the Wal-Mart parking lot. It was so hard to see! We ordered pizza back home, but I didn't eat any; have to watch my weight.

Tuesday. I dreamt Kristen liked me as a boyfriend, woke up sad. These dreams, they've been recurring a lot more lately. I finished The Emerging Church, which I got from C.I.Y. It was phenomenal, and Dylan & I are patterning this week's U-Turn by it. Dylan, Tyler, Chris, Pat D. & Lee came over for D-Group. We shot pool and prayed for The Garage: it's being voted on tomorrow. Corey came over late; he's back in town, had gone to South Carolina to work 12-hour days to save up money. He made about 4k. Everyone but Tyler went over to Chris & Lee's after D-Group and we watched The Day After on their big-screen: it's about atomic war. Chris was being a jerk so I kicked him in the balls.

Wednesday. I spent the night at Chris & Lee's, and in the morning I took them to the YMCA parking lot: 412 Day at King's Island! But I had to work 4-8:00. At 7:00 I was bagging groceries and praying for The Garage, and it passed! After work I drove to Clearcreek Christian Assembly, hung out with Dylan, Tyler, and Ben. Around 10:00 Dylan came over, and we worked on our stuff for U-Turn tomorrow. We're going to have four stations--communion, hand-washing, prayer, & scripture--and it should be awesome. Dylan left around 1 AM.

Thursday. I met with Dylan, Tyler, and Pastor Eric at Clearcreek Christian Assembly. They're all excited about tonight's idea, Doug says it's one of the coolest things he's ever heard of. I know I can do nothing for peoples' souls, only the Spirit can do that; so my prayer was for him to take charge tonight. After the meeting I met up with our cousins Megan & Matthew at the Arby's in Fairfield, and then we played a few games of bowling before going over to Family Christian Bookstores. Matthew calls the NIV the "Non-Inspired Version." I don't think he's joking. I hurried home and Dylan and I set up for U-Turn. Pat D. came with his guitar, said, "This is stupid, Man." He and Chris just ended up sleeping through it. So did Zach. Ashlie was really depressed through it all. But Jimmy, Ams, Dylan, Tyler, and Aaron loved it, really experienced God. Jimmy & I went on a run afterwards, and Corey spent the night. I love God with all that I am. He is the center, the apex, the one golden spot in my life. 

Friday. I took Corey to work at the dry cleaner's next to Dorothy Lane Market (DLM), and I talked to Doug about the mixed reactions to last night. It really bothered me that so many of my close friends were so apathetic, uncaring. Doug just shrugged, said that it was no different at Pentecost. I need to remember that. I worked 3-8:00, asked God to reveal himself to me. Suddenly one David Crowder song popped into my head, Rain down your love on us, rain down your love, playing over & over, and then there was a giant clap of thunder and rain just started hammering down in the parking lot. It went on for hours, and the crazy part was that it wasn't supposed to rain. It was pretty cool. Ricky is borrowing my copy of Jesus Among Other Gods; he's spiritually hungry, I can tell. A bunch of us went to the movie theater, but The Village was sold out, so we just went back to Chris & Lee's. Chris is dating some chick named Lauren now. Ally was far-back, and I guess he doesn't love Megan anymore? Pat D'.s new zippo broke and he got butane all over his hand, accidentally lit it on fire in the Jeep. It was pretty crazy. Police are patrolling our neighborhood tonight; that's a good thing. I was almost kidnapped last week, remember?

Saturday. Aunt Teri & Uncle Bill came down this afternoon to eat dinner with us and to see a movie. I hung out with Chris & Pat D. for a bit after church before they got here, and they tore two pages out of my journals (July 2 & 3) and have been so disrespectful towards everyone lately. I know I'm not super mature, being a mere senior in high school and all that, but I'm tired of their blatant disregard for anyone but themselves.

Sunday. Aunt Teri is afraid I'll work myself to anorexia. I picked up Corey from his step-dad's place and we went to church. Mom taught on generosity. My family & I got lunch at Marion's Pizza with Aunt Teri & Uncle Bill, and then Dylan came over and we went to Family Christian and I got a sweet pocket NKJV. We're going to be doing a devotional together, My Utmost For His Highest. Aunt Teri & Uncle Bill took Ams' bed and Ams took my bed, so I slept on the sofa with Doogie curled up at my feet.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...