Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I have been trying to practice the spiritual disciplines I am learning in Foster's "Celebration of Discipline." Today, when practicing the classical discipline of meditation, I was inspired to write a sermon. As I sit here now at my computer, I am trying to decide which major I should go with. I do have time to decide, thankfully! On the one side, there is youth ministry. I love working with kids, and I love working at Southwest Church as the Jr. High teacher. On the other side, there is preaching. I love preaching as well. I'm not the best at it, but there's a certain passion one feels when speaking to a large group. I would like to pastor adults sometime in the future. Perhaps I will go with a double major. Who knows? Anyone that's interested, you can read the sermon I wrote here.

In other news, I found two awesome books I might ask for for my birthday from my grandparents (Mom, Dad, we're probably doing money this year). They are commentaries on the major and minor prophets. I read through some of them and was completely blown away. I love the prophets.

I feel like a fool for ever seeking completion in girls. God has been teaching me that as long as I seek for completion in girls, He will not grant me one. He is a jealous God, and He wants my loyalties directed upon Him. Girls are a gift to men, not a requirement, though the two are meant to be together (see the symbolism in the creation account in Genesis 2). I can find completion only in Yahweh. I give my life over to Yahweh, with all my hopes and dreams and desires. They're in His lap: let Him do what He wants with them! As for me, and I forget whose prayer this is,

Lord, you know what I desire,
but I desire it only if it is Your will
that I should have it.
If it is not Your will, good Lord,
do not be displeased,
for my will is to do Your will. Amen.

I am getting a cold. I am going to go to the sauna today, because John says the sauna might help.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...