Saturday, February 18, 2006

My spring break plans to Red River Gorge aren't looking so sure anymore. Alex got a phone-call from his mom begging him to return home over spring break (he doesn't go home a lot), and on top of that, he is going to Africa this summer as a missionary, and he needs to get about a dozen vaccinations over spring break. I'm still open to spring break ideas, but it looks like the old Starbucks will be seeing my face a few more times. That's okay, though. I have several books I want to read, a book I may want to finish, and the time on my hands will be relatively nice. I imagine I'll stay on campus for a day or two, then return home for the rest.

I went bowling last night with Tim, Cassie, Trista, Lindsey, and Heather. Megan was going to go, but she was too tired (the bowling started at 10:30 and ended at 1:30 a.m.). Lindsey and I, not avid bowlers, decided to leave early. I'm glad she rode back with me, because she kept me from getting lost about three times. The roads are so confusing on the Western Hills of the 'Nati. I am going to lunch here in a few with Leann, Courtney, and Lizzie, then I think I will work on Sunday morning's lesson plans. Oh, and I'm going to write a report on Brian McLaren's More Ready Than You Realize for my evangelism class... and then write out my testimony as well. Most of my friends are gone with their youth groups for C.I.Y. Believe downtown.

Having finished Celebration of Discipline, I've picked up a book by Ronald Rolheiser called, The Restless Heart. It is all about loneliness and life. From what I've taken from Rolheiser's words, he and I have a lot in common.

But the harder I try, the more clearly can I feel the depth of our fall and the weight of it all. And so this might could be the most impossible thing: your grandness in me making me clean." - David Crowder

5 comments:

Unknown said...

COme one dude! Dont forget about my offer that i made earlier! Ill be home the 3rd through that next saturday or sunday. Starbucks??

darker than silence said...

Starbucks dude! Heck yes!

Dylan said...

Um...Hello?

darker than silence said...

Hey dude :)

Adam said...

I'm reading a book by Richard Rohr called Everything Belongs that I'm sure you would like - if you like stuff by Richard Foster, Dallas Willard, etc.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...