Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It's so much easier not to "like" a girl. Why don't I ever find myself attracted to girls who are attracted to me? Is it so hard? People tell me all the time that I am cute... Whatever, I guess. I wish I didn't like her, because I am pretty sure it's a dead-end street. She's not the one, I guess. I hate it when life goes this way. I can't wait till, for once, I am not the lone man out, not the one who has to deal with liking someone and not being liked. I can't wait to embrace change. It's especially hard to see relationships exploding all over campus, great relationships between great guys and great girls... And I find someone authentic, someone real, someone passionate about ministry, and it's a red light. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Could she like me? Yeah... But I think she looks at me like a little brother. Being short and looking young has its blessings, but my eyes catch the curses more. I just want a break, even a temporary break, a little encouragement that a relationship is at least possible. Sorry to rant. I will post something halfway meaningful tomorrow. It's ironic, though, isn't it? The moment I "stop" pursuing girls I meet her... And then my immature pain rushes back to me, as if a dammed waterfall has broken. It's all right, though... I know how wretched I am. She deserves someone much better than me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anth,

We had fun last night - let us know the next time you have another "open dorm" night.

dad

darker than silence said...

There won't be another one; the school only has one open dorm per semester for each dorm (Rhine, Alumni, Restoration)

Anonymous said...

Anth,

Got your email - you are the best brother a sister could ever wish for!

dad

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...