Saturday, July 01, 2006

random saturdays




I like hedgehogs. I mean, I really like hedgehogs.


I also like peanuts. Salted peanuts. Unsalted are just... o.k.

I like sitting out in my car during thunderstorms. I like to watch the lightning in the sky.

I like to lie in bed at night and think about life.
I realize how good I really have it.
I realize what a future I have.
I realize that I have the chance to make a difference in the world.

I love Jesus' teachings. It all centers on genuine love: selflessness, serving others, sacrifice, humility, and kindness. In a world flooded with selfishness, greed, and indifference, Jesus' teachings offer a beautiful alternative: instead of selfishness, selflessness; instead of greed, extreme generosity; instead of indifference to the rest of humanity, a love rooted in compassion, care, and justice. Selfishness, greed, and indifference produced the sinkhole we live in; if humanity would follow Jesus' teachings, the problems of the world would disappear.

I wish I were a philosopher. I would be able to use big words and talk about old guys and throw in my own two cents on the "meaning of life" with some authority.

I can't wait to see kangaroos, koalas, and dolphins. I think I will like them more than I like hedgehogs. I like hedgehogs a lot. They are my favorite small, furry woodland creature.

Most of all, I can't wait to help people. I want to spend my life helping others. I think that's why we're here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sometimes say: "Only Jesus cares if we live or die. Others don't." _ The reason I say this is: We live in a world where selfishness and hardness of heart abounds._ Many say things they don't really mean.

Fiona said...

"The meaning of life" that's something I'm still trying to find out. But I guess we'll get to know the answer when we die...
But till we die, I think we should enjoy the life God has given us, cause he probably gave us life for a reason

darker than silence said...

I think much of the meaning of life is found in helping those less fortunate than ourselves, befriending the lonely, bringing joy and life to those around us.

Anonymous said...

the driver of that car is a real horse's ass

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...