Sunday, July 23, 2006

This is my beautiful blond girlfriend, Sonja (on the right), and her friend Brittney:



I met her about a year ago, and we've been "talking" for about four to five months, ever since early this year (around February, I think?). One of my friends, Brian, knows her well, and he told me she had feelings for me but was afraid to pursue anything because she was worried about me finding a college girl (she doesn't go to my college; she lives in northern Kentucky). Security is one the biggest desires for her, since she's been in a lot of bad relationships and been treated badly many by boys many times. I hope to be a good boyfriend for as long as we're together.

She's one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen, and she's so fun to hang out with--she's a quiet, compassionate, and fun-loving girl. Our first "date" on Saturday went extremely well: Dairy Queen, swimming, and relaxing in the swing while watching the sunset. When I asked her to be my girlfriend, she was so happy and smiling so big that she was on the verge of tears. She told all her friends and they were all excited, too. Her dad really likes me because I'm "determined and intellectual," to quote him (in all truth, I felt a little nervous about how I would appear to him), and her mom and brother really like me, too.

So I'm pretty happy right now. Last weekend was quite the enjoyable weekend, indeed.

Now I'm off to "element"...

4 comments:

Dylan said...

wow man! I am so happy for you. I hope this all works out for you. This is a crucial time for you to figure out what God wants for you and to stay on the right track with him. I am happy that you arent freaking out about this and that you are staying down to earth about it. I knew God had good plans for you man. I hope this works out I will be praying for you. I am so stoked for you man! Congrats!

Fiona said...

I've only been gone for a week and your life has made some changes ;)
Good to hear you have a girlfriend! She looks really nice and according to you she is ;)
And don't worry about being a bad boyfriend, cause Í'm sure you won't be. Good luck to you guys :)

Adam said...

I thought you looked a little giddy last night. ;^)

agapetos said...

*clapping my hands in glee* Anthony has a girlfriend!!! Yippee!!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...