Sunday, July 02, 2006

Class went O.K. today; I taught the lesson on "salvation" that I taught the Jr. High kids in March, except I wove in some other aspects of salvation when teaching High School. I have been experimenting with different styles of teaching, learning what works and what does not work in keeping the students captivated and interested. As of now, dynamic storytelling is the route that the kids really enjoy. I put a high value on their enjoyment, for if they enjoy a lesson, there is more of a chance for them to take it to heart.

Sadly, I have been neglecting my intimacy with God lately. I've been so burdened with so much stuff that my times set aside for connecting with Him throughout the day have been pushed aside. I can feel this "withdrawal" from the divine in all aspects of my life: less joy, less peace, less contentment, as well as the animal nature within me (selfishness, greed, and indifference) making its presence known more and more in my thoughts and actions. In short, I've become more grumpy and irritable because I have been neglecting my "desert communion" with God, as John Eldredge puts it.

One of my favorite movies ever is coming in the mail this week. The language is quite raunchy, but the movie is amazing:



No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...