Thursday, July 27, 2006

They're serving pancakes right now, but since I'm writing a post, I will get my pancakes later (Mark promised he'd make me a heart-shaped pancake; I don't know if he did or not). The last few days of vacation have been completely and totally amazing. Not only do I get to wake up three hours later than normal (it's fantastic!), but I've got to spend lots of time with all my friends: Ashlie, Anna, Amanda, Chad, Tommy, Zach, Bowden... It's been wonderful. Jeff was right: the strenuous hike on Tuesday was definitely worth the view; after climbing two miles nearly vertical (I had to use hands and feet together several times), we reached a giant rock that we climbed to have a view stretching out over the mountains in every direction. Yesterday we went white-water rafting, which was lots of fun; our guide was hilarious, and when he found out we were a bunch of rowdy Christians, he started exposing his own beliefs (his beliefs parallel baha'i). I think it's really enjoyable when we gather together and just share our honest opinions on God and the world.

On top of all this, I've been talking with Sonja on the phone every night. She really is an amazing girl. She embodies everything I've always wanted in a girl, in all the aspects: emotional, spiritual, personality-wise, and physical appearance. I thank GOD for her every morning, noon, and night. When night falls, I go out onto the deck, look out over the stars, and find it so unbelievable that a girl as good as her would find interest in an average-Joe just like myself. This Saturday we are going to go on a picnic together at Big Bone Lick, and take a walk by the river. We're both very excited.

Today we are all going to Gatlinburg to visit the Aquarium and walk the city. Mindy just opened the windows, and it's pouring buckets outside. At least all our outside activities have been accomplished. Oh, and I've had to stop reading "a generous orthodoxy" because I have three book reports and four projects due for my Old Testament History class, and they're due in two weeks (being the typical college student, I haven't touched any of the assignments). One of the books I've been reading for it is "Disappointment with God" by Philip Yancey. It is very raw and honest, and I can relate to many of those whose stories are told.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...