Thursday, July 06, 2006

We snuck out the John Deer gator at work and took it off-roading. I almost died three--no, four?--times.

I am reading "The Shaping of Things to Come." In the words of Heather, "A-mazing."

I wish I could go to the beach with some college friends the 13-16, but I have to work (saving up for Australia).

My little sister is probably breaking up with her boyfriend. She really likes him, so it's so sad. She knows it will not work out, so she is going to end it so it doesn't hurt so much if she prolongs the relationship.

I am going to Lexington this weekend with my family. Rock climbing on Saturday, Pirates of the Caribbean Saturday night, and on Sunday I have the privilige to preach at a small church here in town. The message is on Acts 8, special emphasis on the eunuch. The point of the message is, "God accepts all who come to Him in faith and repentance," and I am going to throw in a small message on conversion at the end (conversion in the Hebraic sense is a change of the way we live, not just the way we think).

It has been a wonderful last few days. I'm sure the beautiful weather has something to do with it (the weather affects my moods).

I sat out on the porch this morning before work, thought about the last school year, and can't wait till August 14 rolls around. Not only will I be back on campus again, but I will show Trista that I really am better than her at ping-pong (even if she beat me our last game).

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Hmm so how does a near death experience feel? ;)

Sad about your sister that she's breaking up. But if it's not working out, it's probably better.

Good that you're saving up for Australia! So am I for Greece, work hard and don't spend your money ;)

I see you have a lot of fun things ahead of you. So enjoy!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...