Saturday, July 15, 2006

The weekend! I relish these days when I do not have to wake up at 5:00 in the morning to go to work. Amanda, Ashlie and I went down to Cincinnati where I sold my desktop for $400 (Australia money). As we crested the hill of my campus, we had a beautiful view of the city. A giant storm front came over us, stretching out over the city; it looked like a hurricane with rolling black clouds laced with lightning. It started to pour just as we were running into President's Hall.

Two of my really good friends--Chris and Pat--are in a band called "Sea Turns Red." I went to their show at the Garage last night, but, sadly, missed their actual performance. I got to hang out with so many cool people: Pat, Jake, Chris, Ams and Ash, Anna and Megan, Justin and Randy, Antonio... Dad and I watched "The Boondock Saints", and since I could not sleep at 2:00 in the morning, I went to Starbucks to see if any of my friends were there. I did not see anyone, but as I was pulling out, Justin hollered at me and beckoned me over. I parked the Jeep and joined them, relaxing on the curb. Courtney, Carly and Leia showed up, too, reading poetry and playing guitar. I felt a little sick so I ate an oatmeal-raisin cookie with some water. The atmosphere at Starbucks is so overwhelmingly joyful.

I deposited the computer money into the bank today, then went to Clearcreek Park to enjoy the cool morning and think about what I will teach on tomorrow (I have the Jr. High kids). I think I might do a lesson on what it means to love other people, using the exorcism scene from Saved! to show what real love is not like. I might also mingle in some Rob Bell "Bullhorn."

My aunt and grandma came up from Kentucky. We might go to Half-Price books today. I have a few books to sell.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

So Starbucks is sort of the place where everybody hangs out? We have that too here in Holland. "The Bar" where is often refer to, that's our "hang out spot". Always a good atmosphere, just like Starbucks :)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...