Sunday, February 24, 2008

contentment :)

Karen came with me to church today. It has been a long time since I went to Southwest, and it was good to see some people. We talked for a while with Jimmy, and with Dr. Joe, and I got to see Megan, and that was exciting. I chatted with Boomer for a little while: I am going to start teaching again come April. I would be teaching earlier, but Southwest is going through the 40 Days of Purpose series, so the curriculum is wired towards that right now, and Boomer wants the students in together and not divided between Junior and Senior High. Boomer is going to let me write my own curriculum, and that’s exciting. I absolutely loathe ready-made curriculums, unless I am allowed to completely change them. My teaching style goes against what most curriculums employ. 

Life is going well. 
Things are getting better. 
Life isn’t perfect, but it never will be. 
But even though it’s not perfect, I’m content. 
And that’s really saying something.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...