Sunday, January 25, 2009

last night's dream

Have you ever had dreams that make no sense whatsoever, but yet when you wake up, you can’t get them out of your mind? A dream of that nature I experienced last night. As I slept, I dreamt that I was being married in the backyard of a large mansion, inside a gazebo. Lots of friends and family were gathered together. My bride was a beautiful, chunky woman (I do like the chunky ones), with curled blond hair and frighteningly passionate eyes. As we began to make our vows, three large men appeared, wielding swords. They quickly broke up the wedding, and I was taken prisoner, carried to the fenced-in yard at the house next door. Somehow I managed to escape, and in the yard over, at the gazebo, one of the men was preparing to marry my bride by force. So enraged I was, I took off at lightning speed, leaping over the fence, and charging the crowd. People leapt out of the way, and just before the man forced my bride to kiss him, I rushed into the gazebo and grabbed her by the hand, and without breaking speed, I carried her away. The man was furious, but he didn’t have time to react. I leapt over the fence leading to the opposite yard, and I laid her in the grass. She thanked me, begged me not to go, but I had no choice. Rage burned through me like a hot torch. I jumped back over the fence and faced the men. There were only two of them now (the third must have run off or something, or simply slipped from my mind). The main man came at me with a large mallet, and as he swung it, I grabbed the mallet in my hands and wrenched it from his. I faced him, and we circled one another: me with the mallet, and him with the sword. The circling seemed to last forever, and I could feel the terror mixing with indignation, a strange concoction running through my veins. He suddenly thrust himself forward, swinging his sword; I ducked, but he grabbed me, and he hurled me into the fence. He came at me again, but I ducked out of the way, and he stumbled into the fence, his sword lodged in the wooden planks. I whipped around and drove the handle of the mallet into his chest: it shattered his sternum and went through his body, impaling him to the fence. His weak fingers released the sword, and without even taking the pleasure of seeing the life fade from his eyes, I swirled around and faced the final bandit. He looked at me with absolute fright and took off running. I knew he wasn’t coming back. I went back over the fence and took my Love in my arms, and I held her close, and as our eyes connected, I woke up.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...