Monday, July 25, 2011

the past week

I've been getting into the habit of only posting my "daily activities" (unless they be noteworthy) once a week, a re:cap of the past week. This leaves room throughout the week for special, deep, more thoughtful posts (which, as you can see by looking through the archives, are few and far between; nonetheless, my intentions here are good). So here's the past week re:cap:

Monday. I opened the store with Cat and Jon, and on my break I poured myself some iced coffee and sat out along the tripel fountain. Amanda and Blake came in to eat lunch with me after I got off. I went home and took Sky for a walk 'round C.C.U. Amanda and I ran to Clifton later in the evening to see a mutual friend, and I spent the evening hanging out with Ams and Amos. Nick came by and made an amazing dinner, and afterwards I took one of my spontaneous but predictably-relieving late-night drives, this time through Mount Adams with the heat lightning pooling the mirrors.

Tuesday. A crazy and hectic day coupled with insane heat made work miserable, and I was glad to get home. I met up with an old friend Monica from my C.C.U. days, and we grabbed Skyline for dinner and hung out at the house for a while. We laughed a lot about when I asked her out on a date, she said yes, and then changed her mind. I was pretty traumatized by the ordeal, and the silver lining (if there needs to be one) is that Monica and I remain good friends. This trend--girls agreeing to dates, then changing their minds--tends to be a recurring theme in my life. And hopefully the retainment of friendship (did I just invent a word? check "yes") is a model to be followed as well. She left and I spent the evening writing, playing with Sky (who's in town for ten days; well, nine), and driving past Ludlow on 50 East in the search for a certain type of chocolate milk. 

Wednesday. The most uneventful day of the week, by far. I spent the first half of the evening just watching TV by myself--been getting into King of the Hill lately--and then doing the same thing with Amanda when she got home. Exciting, I know.

Thursday. Carly and Jessica came down to visit me. They got here around 4:00, and we went to the Tazza Mia at Carew Tower to see Amos and Hartman, as well as to get some drinks. We went to some forbidden outlook at Bellevue Park in Clifton, and then we grabbed dinner at The Anchor. Jess' first time. She loved it. As she should. The rest of the evening was spent hanging out in the basement, and Jessica did lots of work on an art model for a kick-ass sculpture she's building for a Dayton-area hospital. They headed back home and I hung out with Amos and Ryan, smoking cigarettes and *attempting to* play Smash Brothers Brawl.

Friday. I'm really liking the people I work with, and my comfortableness around them is growing. It's difficult for me to become comfortable with people (except for certain people, and I never know why that's the case), but here (like at Starbucks) I'm quickly becoming comfortable with them. I spent the afternoon cleaning, and then I met Rob at work for our second training station, where I finally nailed my first heart (post below). We gathered back at the house and tried some of the homebrew peanut butter porter (it still has a little while to age), and we spent the rest of the evening just hanging out. Both Gambill and T.J. came by.

Saturday. Spent the evening back at the parents' house. They're away for a vacation/marathon thing for the next couple days. Basically, my dad's doing the Iron Man, he's a bad-ass, there's that in a nutshell. The blasted heat made me nauseous, and so I spent most of the day feeling quite moist and unhappy. I felt a wee bit better late at night, and I made a run to Speedway for an orange juice (more on that anon). 

Sunday. Tyler came over early in the morning, and we spent the day just watching TV. Dinner from Jimmy John's. I felt sick again, so I slept through half of this planned event. He left around 5:00, and I did some cleaning around the house and then Sky and I returned to Cincinnati. Lots of people were at the house: amidst the usual six housemates, there was also Andy, Josh, Nick, and Mandy's little sister and her friend (who pointed to me and said, "He looks like he's eleven. Is he albino?" Ha. Love it.

So. That was my week.
Nothing really exciting.
But I do look like I'm eleven. And sometimes I look albino.
You can't fault the girl for saying that; she was being honest.
And besides, I've heard worse.
But we koalas, we're finicky creatures.
We'll fucking tear you limb-from-limb.
Just graze your finger over a single leaf of our eucalyptus,
and we'll be on you like sharks in a feeding frenzy over blood,
because sharks, they get all turned on by that shit
like emo girls reading poems.
End Scene.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...