Tuesday, July 19, 2011

*random* weigh-in

The "Classic" Picture: shirtless, eating
yogurt, and wearing my pajama pants
(yes those are pajamas, not jeans) and
my boxers hiked up along my hips.
It should be known by now that anytime I jump back up the “monthly weigh-ins” I fail to keep it up. This is mostly due to me just not caring, as well as the fact that… Well, no, that’s it. But here I am yet again, because a milestone’s been reached: 132 pounds, my lowest weigh-in yet (even in high school), but yet not underweight (which is where I don’t want to be). I’m confident that me dropping a good five pounds in a month is due to (a) vacation, where we ate healthy meals except for a few nights dining out, and (b) the fact that my diet has as of late been extremely healthy, mainly fruits, grilled chicken, and vegetables. I honestly haven’t been working out as much (though I’m recently back into the swing of things) so weight loss can’t be due to that. Nevertheless, this was a pleasant surprise. I’ve finally reached my high school weight. It feels weird, and I don’t know if I should be at this weight, but to hell with it, I’ll gloat.

October 2009 to July 2011. How long is that? Quick math (heh) in my head, and in about a year and nine months, I’ve dropped eighty pounds, returning to my goal of weighing as much as I did in high school. Really, it was just something I was doing to try and woo over a foolish girl I was head-over-heels for (what a hilarious and sad story right there), but by the time I didn’t care to even be around her, I’d found that I simply enjoyed the new lifestyle of eating healthy, exercising, and having to buy new clothes (to intensify my earth-tone look, yo). So I just kept going, not really with the overarching intention of losing weight, but just because I liked being healthy. And here we are, at the goal I so earnestly set and then so casually pursued, at my original high school weight.

I’m continuing my healthy lifestyle, which is made simple by the fact that all my meals are generally healthy (as well as free). I usually don’t eat at work, so I take my free meal home with me. Delicious salads with dozens upon dozens of toppings and seven types of meat, and a host of salad dressings (many of them healthy) to choose from. I get enough for half a salad and a whole wrap. It’s filling, freaking amazing, and it’s healthy. Tonight’s salad/wrap consists of—trying to remember, ha—corn, peas, black beans, crunchy Chinese noodles, feta and blue cheese, and an Aegean dressing. And I’ll most likely be watching “Arrested Development” during the escapade.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...