Thursday, February 02, 2012

springin' backward

The spring-like weather continues. It's a bit colder, but there's no wind and the sky's are sunny. Am I aware that for the last three posts I've written about this amazing weather we've been having? Yes, as of this moment I am quite aware (thanks for the reminder: you know who you are). I know I run the *high* risk of overplaying the weather, but perhaps empathize with me: I'm just trying to hold onto the good days we have now before resisting the urge to hole up and hibernate through the end of February and March. Today is Groundhog's Day, or so I was told, and the Groundhog was frightened of its shadow, which means another six months of winter. Really, I think it came out, was blinded by the bright sun following its adaptation to the dark and cozy groundhog burrow, and he just wanted to go back inside 'cause it was too early. Kinda like me most mornings: going outside to smoke, getting cold, then going back inside. There's no fear whatsoever, but play it up if you like. In the remembrance of last spring (and in anticipation of the next) here are three songs that encapsulate spring-time for me (since I listened to them constantly back then); and, yes, all are from Florence and The Machine, whom I was devoted to during those days.








No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...