Wednesday, November 07, 2012

11/7/12

smug bastard

Due to a mix-up at work, I had today off (trust me, don't ask; Blake can tell you why). I haven't had a day off in the middle of the week since I worked at Starbucks. Though there was that one time I threw my back out while lifting a little tub of dressing... Regardless, I've been sapping today for all its worth.

I stayed up till 2:30 AM last night!
I went to The Anchor this morning!
Amos and I did Dusmesh buffet for lunch, then played some MW3!
I went to The Anchor again!
And that's where I am now, with two more things on the agenda:
   (1) Hanging out with Brandy Rae Galloway!
   (2) Hanging out with Mo! And maybe watching Gattaca!
        (it's about genetics)

I'm sorry if all the exclamation marks come off as obnoxious!!!

Ams, Mo and I watched the election unfold last night. We turned on the space heater and bundled up in my bed and spread my laptop out on the pillow. State by state we watched the electoral college roll in its votes. Romney had the map covered with red, but his lack of attention to the swing states in the final days lost him the big ones, not least Ohio, where the race was neck in neck. By 11:30 Obama was declared the winner of the electoral college (though popular vote put Romney in the lead, though a full popular vote count gave Obama just under a three million lead). Come morning, of course, Facebook was ripe with all that silly banter, people moving to Canada, the world burning down, the usual. I'd like to think that if the world crumbles it won't be because of the American president but because of December 21, 2012. The Mayans seem to have their finger on a trigger of some sort...

Tomorrow should be excellent: I work 7:30-3:00, and then Blake, Andy, Ams, and I (and maybe Amos) are going to the Damien Jurado show at the Taft Theater. The set list for his previous shows on this tour looks phenomenal: the whole Maraqopa album, plus Sheets, Ohio, and Arkansas. And at least some of us will be getting dinner (and perhaps drinks) at Rock Bottom Brewery prior to the show. My little "information exchange" with Blake worked out quite well. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...