Monday, November 19, 2012

the 74th week

the olive bar of my dreams

Monday. Yesterday was Veteran's Day, but most people took today off work, so we were damned slow. And Tammy brought us all a book to read! I went to The Anchor after work, and then Amos, Brandon, and Jake came over to participate in Tammy's present. Isaac joined us before Brandon and Jake left. Mo came over, and Brandy brought cheese, and we made Doritos nachos with velvetta, provolone, and pepperonis and bell peppers (per Ams' request). Mo brought pumpkin liquor, and we mixed it with cheap Russian vodka. We crowded Blake's room and watched The Walking Dead. People filtered out, and Mo, Isaac & I watched "Drunk History."

Tuesday. I worked 6:30-2:30, finally got my Worker's Comp figured out, and got some new books in the mail. I went to The Anchor and then hurried home to get my FAFSA filled out. The evening was spent at Amos' playing MW3 and wrestling with Clover.

Wednesday. Mandy K. surprised me at work, on the hunt for coffee. I was shocked and overjoyed to see her. A nice surprise, tit for tat! I took an extended break to catch up with her, and after work I met up with her at C.C.U. and we went back to my place and hung out for a while. It was great to catch up, and she had to leave too soon. Ams came over for a bit, and then she and Brandy went to an orchestra downtown. I spent the evening hanging out with John at the Loth House, and Brandy, Ams, and Amos joined us around midnight. Isaac is crashing with Blake and me for a bit: he got robbed outside his apartment in Cheviot, and though he got away, the dicks may be looking for some retribution.

Thursday. I worked 7:30-3:00, and Mandy K. came in one last time to see me before heading to Indianapolis for the Missionary Convention. I packed for the weekend in Dayton and Mo came over to see me for a bit. We got dinner at Skyline Chili with Ams, and then back at my place I asked her to be my girlfriend and she said Yes. I ran by the Loth House to pick up some goodies from Amos and then jetted up to Dayton: haven't been home in close to two months!

Friday. My Friday off work and house-sitting at my parents was spent as follows: breakfast from McDonald's, shopping at 1/2 Price, a trip to the library, dickin' around with Skyler, and watching movies: all the X-Men movies plus Battlefield L.A. I baked some damned good chicken for dinner and paired it with D.L.M. pine club pasta and gourmet olives stuffed with feta, bleu cheese, and almonds.

Saturday. I woke early and got coffee from the Centerville S'Bux, enjoyed some breakfast burritos, and watched Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto". I went back to Starbucks to do some reading with an iced soy caramel macchiato. Mo got here around 4:00, and we got dinner at Gyro Palace and saw the movie "Lincoln." We cuddled on the sofa, drank some beer, and I fell asleep as she scratched my head and talked genetics. "You're like a pup," she said.

Sunday. Breakfast consisted of pan-fried bacon, eggs sunny side up, and brick pancakes (I really fucked them up). I gave Sky a bath but accidentally used food nutrients instead of dog shampoo, and now she's all oily. "Classic mix-up," I told Mom. After The Anchor back in Cincinnati, I picked up some Rally's for dinner and spent the evening watching Psych and hanging out with Blake & Isaac. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...