Monday, November 19, 2012

the 73rd week

these took up most of my saturday

Monday. I worked 6:30-2:30 and went to The Anchor after work. Brandon and Jake came over for a bit, and when they left they were replaced by Amos and Brandy. Mo came over, too, and we made Doritos nachos with Velveeta, provolone, pepperonis and banana peppers (per Ams' request). Mo brought pumpkin liquor, and we mixed it with cheap Russian vodka. We crowded Blake's room and watched The Walking Dead. People started filtering out, and Mo, Isaac and I watched "Drunk History."

Tuesday. I worked 6:30-2:30 and finally got all my Worker's Comp from the incident in July of '11 finalized. I went to The Anchor for a while, and I finally got my FAFSA filled out for Grad School next year. The evening was spent hanging with Amos & Clover and playing MW3. 

Wednesday. Mandy K. surprised me at work. I was shocked and overjoyed to see her. A nice surprise, tit for tat. I took an extended break to catch up with her, and after work I met up with her at C.C.U. and she came back to my place, and we spent some more time catching up before she jetted downtown to grab dinner with an old friend. I spent the evening watching duck documentaries with John at the Loth House, and later in the evening Brandy, Ams, and Amos joined us, and we played video games and messed around with Clover till 'bout midnight. Isaac is crashing with Blake and me for a bit: he got robbed outside his apartment in Cheviot, and though he got away, the dicks may be looking for some payback.

Thursday. I worked 7:30-3:00, and Mandy K came in to see me one last time before continuing her journey westward. I packed for the weekend, and Mo, Ams and I got Skyline for dinner. The three of us hung out for a while back at the house, and I jetted north (after a pit-stop by the Loth House) to watch Mom & Dad's house and to take care of Sky for the weekend. The first time back home in months.

Friday. My Friday off went as follows: breakfast burritos from Mcdonald's, shopping at 1/2 Price, a trip to the library, reading about colonial New England at the Centerville Starbucks, dicking around with Sky, and watching movies: all the X-Men movies, plus Battlefield Los Angeles. Dinner was some damned good baked chicken paired with D.L.M. pine club pasta and gourmet olives stuffed with feta, bleu cheese, and almonds.

Saturday. I spent the morning watching Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto", and I went to Starbucks to read up on the colonial south. Mo came up, and we got dinner at Gyro Palace--their lamb gyros make me go weak in the knees--and saw the movie "Lincoln." We couldn't make the first show because it was all sold out. And why? Because the theater decided to give "Lincoln" one screen while the new Twilight movie got four. Ridiculous, it really is.

Sunday. Breakfast was pan-fried bacon, eggs sunny side up, and brick pancakes (I really fucked them up). Before heading home (or, rather, to The Anchor), I gave Sky a bath, but accidentally used food nutrients instead of dog shampoo, and so she's all oily. "Classic mix-up," I told Mom. After The Anchor I picked up some Rally's for dinner, and I spent the evening watching Psych and hanging out with Blake and Isaac.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...